Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Greg-D
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Optus

Synchronisation Time - Exchange

Hi,

I have my Z10 connected to an Exchange Server (ActiveSync) and have the sync timeframe set to 7 days as i don't need to see emails older than that on the device. I also use Outlook on my Laptop to see the same emails.

Question is : I assume the Z10 will automatically remove emails when they reach 7 days old but will the device delete off the Z10 only or will it delete the emails off the Exchange server as well considering i use Activesync?

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Synchronisation Time - Exchange

Greg-D wrote:

Hi,

I have my Z10 connected to an Exchange Server (ActiveSync) and have the sync timeframe set to 7 days as i don't need to see emails older than that on the device. I also use Outlook on my Laptop to see the same emails.

Question is : I assume the Z10 will automatically remove emails when they reach 7 days old but will the device delete off the Z10 only or will it delete the emails off the Exchange server as well considering i use Activesync?

Cheers.

They are simply not sync anymore if they are older than the number of days you set, I have mine set for 30 days and l have the Z10 since launch day in Canada (2013/02/05) and all the emails from back then are still on the server just not sync with the Z10. 

BTW The PlayBook is working the same way for the native email program 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Greg-D
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Optus

Re: Synchronisation Time - Exchange

I understand.

I guess there needs to be a way to delete emails from the Z10 only and not affect what's stored on the Exchange Server.

Please use plain text.