Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jonnyf1
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Syncing BBZ10 with Outlook

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to Sync BBZ10 with Outlook calendar. The Link software doesn't appear to allow this

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Syncing BBZ10 with Outlook

Currently the z10 will not link with your Contacts and Calendars wtih outlook via USB to your PC. Blackberry has announced they will have it in the next release.  If you use outlook.com or other icould services, it will sync . This is the same for all android phones. If you don't have a outlook.com or cloud service, then you can email your month calendars from outlook to your z10 and click on the calendard and it will update your z10 calendar. Same goes with your contacts. This is a temp solution until they release USB sync with outlook.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jonnyf1

I'm not trying to Sync with Yahoo, I'm trying to Sync with Outlook, as in Microsoft Office. I now understand that this is not possible with the Z10 although I had no problems with previous Blackberrys.  Having had this phone for a few days I have come to realise that Blackberry seam to have taken away key features that made their phones so good for business, I.E. syncing with Office products and easy email. I can't get my pop3 email to wrok either although it always worked on previous Blackberrys.  If they want to survive they need to get their act together!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tfwg
My Device: BlackBerry Style

I am looking for BBRY announcement your refer to. It is important I confirm the sync option will be back. My company only uses MS OFFICE OUTLOOK and BBRY. Everything PC based. Without the sync, BBRY is dead to me. Thanks!!!! Bob

"Currently the z10 will not link with your Contacts and Calendars wtih outlook via USB to your PC. Blackberry has announced they will have it in the next release."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jim0073690

I am dumbfounded that BB have overlooked this vital function, it is the ability to easily sync. with Outlook that sets BB apart, I am really disappointed that the Z10 does not have this function, it was BB business community that kept them in the game, and now it seems they have turned their back on us. Who is running the show over there I wonder, some spotty, baggy trousered, nerd whose only interest is touch screen and apps?

When will they bring out the update that will fix this problem I wonder?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrankPrice
My Device: Q10

I just bought 2 new Q10's. The telsus store which sold us the phones sync'd my wife's Outlook while we were instore. However as the store was closing I chose to sync my contacts and outlook calendar etc, upon my return home. SURPRISE! There is no way to sync the Q10. I spent over $1700.00 yesterday buying 2 new Q10's. How totally disappointed I am with Blackberry. What were they thinking? 90% of the world uses Outlook. Surely it must have occurred to one of their brain-i-acs, to include this sync capability, which by the way was available in previous versions of their blackberries and which I've used and relied on over the last 5+ years. So, here's the deal Thorston, "if their is No software to sync OUTLOOK, then I'm afriad I'm out of of here;  Notwithstanding the $1700. As I am the Chairman and CEO of a software company located in Waterloo, not far from your headquarters, I cannot allow my employees to operate their company provided blackberry's without the opportunity to sync their outlook calendars. So, as i said, "No Outlook Sync" - No blackberries at my company.  If somebody at blackberry should read this it would be wonderful for them to step up to the plate and announce if and when this softare will be availalbe.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Viennaboy
My Device: Bold 9900

I downloaded the latest release today and it's still not syncing. How long will it take to get this needed tool?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WatchmenDoug
My Device: Torch 9800

It is incomprehensible that someone at BB didn't think about syncing wtih Outlook. If the Bell agent had told me it wouldn't do that, I would have bought a different phone. My previous BB Torch worked and sync'd seamlessly with Outlook and kept me current with all my appointments. So I expected no less with a new BB.  This sucks that it's not available on the new BB10. They better get it here and FAST or I will also leave BB for iPhone (which I nearly did when making the decision to stay wtih BB) Has anyone heard how soon this might happen?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrankPrice

Nobody is listening at blackberry. Communications isn't their strong suit. You would think that they would make an announcement. Saying that the patch will be available......... but no not a word. I hope the dude who drop the ball here got fired. He deserved it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrankPrice

Dear Mr Blackberry. Please take your collective heads out of your collective **bleep**s and send out a bulletin letting all your valued business customers know exactly when you will be releasing a sync to Outlook. If not soon I, and my company and many friends are going to drop blackberry for good.
Please use plain text.