Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: n/a

Syncing Outlook 2013 with Z10 via USB

Hi, I'm planning to buy Z10 but couldn't find a simple and reliable answer as to how to sync all the data (contacts, calendar, tasks, notes) from Outlook 2013 to Blackberry Z10? Is it possible to do it via a USB cable connecting with a laptop?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z30, Z10, 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Syncing Outlook 2013 with Z10 via USB

info1933 wrote:

Hi, I'm planning to buy Z10 but couldn't find a simple and reliable answer as to how to sync all the data (contacts, calendar, tasks, notes) from Outlook 2013 to Blackberry Z10? Is it possible to do it via a USB cable connecting with a laptop?

I sync Contacts to Outlook 2007 with the latest Link software via USB.

Calendar can also be done but I rely on my phones calender and don't require syncing.

Tasks and Notes are an integral part a calender, therefore should be catered for.

Will test and confirm.

New Contributor

Thank you.

With an iPhone (and iTunes) I can select what to sync: Calendar, Notes, Contacts and Tasks, and all is synced incldding contact pictures.

I really hope I can do the same with Z10 'cause this is very important to me.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

You cant sync Notes or Tasks.

New Contributor

Oh boy, really...  And I had a thought of switching from iphone to blackberry for its famouse business phones etc. - very disappointing. Thank you for the info.

Regular Contributor

Not syncing them is a pain and hopefully sometime they will add it to the software, What I end up doing is using the print to go software and send my tasks and notes to the phone as a single pdf for each, that way i can keep an eye on what i need to do.

New Contributor

Nah, not my case, this simple feature must be in any Blackberry, but thank you for the a way around.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z30, Z10, 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

[ Edited ]

AA388 wrote:

Not syncing them is a pain and hopefully sometime they will add it to the software, What I end up doing is using the print to go software and send my tasks and notes to the phone as a single pdf for each, that way i can keep an eye on what i need to do.

Well, maybe things have changed. Edit your email account on the Z10 - sync email - there are options for syncing Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Memos.

If things don't sync then it's because no folders have been select - select the folders you wish to sync.

Regular Contributor

"Well, maybe things have changed. Edit your email account on the Z10 - sync email - there are options for syncing Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Memos.

If things don't sync then it's because no folders have been select - select the folders you wish to sync."

The original post was about syncing data via usb and you cannot sync notes or tasks that way, I like a lot of people am not prepared to send my company data through the likes of Gmail or outlook.com.