Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
BFalcon1
My Device: Z10

Re: Syncing Outlook with Link

2003 to 2007...Small company...we are behind. I spoke to ownership that we need to have the ability to sync without a USB cable.
Contributor
Houseseller

The main thing is that you're up and running! Let us know if you run into any additional problems with it.

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

BFalcon1 wrote:
Yes, believe it or not. I actually added Microsoft Connector as a work around and in the process my IT guy upgraded Office on my computer. I was going to just give up on link and use this new method. On a lark I tried to sync with Link and it worked. Tried it 3 times and worked every time. I think it had something to do with the Office upgrade. I was hours from buying a S4.

Where did you get tha t Microsoft Connector, I looked every where I could on BlackBerry web site and it is not there, at least that I can see

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor
BFalcon1

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

BFalcon1 wrote:

Here you go...

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/how-to-setup-outlook-to-wirelessly-synchronize-your-contacts-...

This is not no sync any thing, it is just to let you access Hotmail(Outlook.com) e-mail messages by using Office Outlook 2007/2010

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor
BFalcon1

It's an option if BlackBerry Link does not work. Link is now working for me. Good luck...
Contributor
Houseseller

Me also, good luck to us all!

Contributor
Adventurer-2010

[ Edited ]

It's interesting to me that a fix to a problem with Link is to dump all your calendar and contacts data to a "free" Hotmail (outlook.com) server. Why are people being forced to compromise their data in this manner by trusting some free service with all your contacts and calendar data? 

I've been a BlackBerry user since it's inception and never liked the other Android based products due to the constant control Android puts on your data by forcing you to have a Gmail account. That's the major reason I didn't "jump ship" from RIM and go with any other device. I waited to go to the Z10 because I needed a USB sync process to work with Outlook 2010 client. I purchased by Z10 on December 28th and have yet to get Link working as it is advertised to do (without having to go to Outlook.com). 

I thought there was some light at the end of the tunnel when Verizon updated my Z10 to 10.2.xxx version OS because the sync started to work. However, that didn't last long. I'm having freeze-ups, data not being synched at all or erros being seen on some of the data that did almost sync, errors on "commit data to device", the list goes on. I have an active incident open with Blackberry on January 18th and then without notice, they closed the incident. I then had to get Verizon back on the line to have them reopen the incident and even though it took Verizon about an hour time of dealing with Blackberry support and get the ticket reopened, there still was no feedback from Blackberry support.

Contributor
Houseseller

I feel your pain. I got my Z10 in March and never got Link to work like Desktop used to on my previous 5 Blackberrys... It never would sync tasks, and contacts and calender were iffy at best. Sad to say that I moved to a Galaxy S4, transferred all of my accounts to Google and Gmail, and I've never been happier. Now the only time that I use a USB is to charge, and not nearly as often as I had to with the Z10. After 6 Blackberrys over the past 6 years I see now that Blackberry is playing catch up, and trying to catch a moving target... While they were living on their physical keyboard rep, the rest of the phone world was passing them by. Good luck to you, but for me I think that theBlackberry ship has sailed!