Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: THINGS I REALLY DON'T GET ABOUT MY NEW Z10

you are missing the point, zaba76.

Let's say there are 2000 bugs to fix, but there is only time to fix 900 before the next OS update.
RIM developers will have to give priority and decide among the 2000 which will be in the 900.
This decision can be influenced by the feedback that the carriers give. And that feedback is fed by the users complaints through the helpdesk channel of each carriers.

So if you want something fixed, say it using the channel that matters. ie. not this community forum or the twitter account, but using your carrier helpdesk.

If you want David Cameron to do something, you do not give him a call or knock at his door. You talk to your local elected representatives and expect them to carry your voice up.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

No. I see what you are saying. Just seems like a lot of middlemen. Lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76

ryanstevenson87 wrote:
I agree with most of the post here but I do disagree with the bit about this website being too difficult to read. I have the font setting down to small and when I double tap the paragraphs to adjust to the screen width then I can still read every word. 

At the time my z10 wasn't rotating the browser. I can now see the site fine thanks to a restart. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ryanstevenson87
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: o2

Brilliant tip about the keyboard it bridges the gap, it's effectively the bottom left corner swipe on the PlayBook which I use a lot top open but not to close the keyboard. So I personally have the PlayBook habit of wanting to close with the virtual button rather than the gesture. (I've already used the gesture since typing this lol, cheers)

Regarding the screen comparison, I agree the Z10 and the PB appear slightly different, the Z10's colour temperature appears to be warmer and the PB is cooler (I compared flesh tones and white screens). Oh and I was lucky not have had the rotation issue that some have had, I was just more referring to certain apps that seem to contradict the way it works.

And finally does one suggest (I'm only actually 25 lol, I'm just trying to ensure this isn't personal) that the network carriers in the UK have call centres trained to deal with many but minor inconveniences with an OEM'S software rather than the OEM having a central nest/portal/den/go-to place/community specifically for these small inconveniences strictly to help improve the software? As has already been stated, sounds like a lot of middle men when there could/should just be one.

Still loving this phone though and on the plus point, the algorithms have clicked into place rather quickly for my keyboard, it's already learned to correct a lot of my bad habits! Kudos to BlackBerry for making such a big deal on this keyboard, it's features and it's USP!
Torch 9800
Bold 9900
PlayBook 32GB
Z10
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76

My personal experience with situations like mine, where I bought from phones 4u is that o2 would say youshould speak to the phone supplier and the phone supplier would say as it's within 14 days would you like to swap for a galaxy or an iphone. Lol. I have had this in the past which is why motorola lost out on my business when I was younger. I went to nokia and then used them for 15 years. Now I'm trying blackberry. Day 3! :Excl:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ryanstevenson87

I just don't get why there isn't somewhere so simple that you can just jot your ideas and solutions down and for BlackBerry to sift through it ALL and rank them (as stated above) ready to be rolled out on, let's suggest, a weekly software patch.

Why are they not reaching out to us, the current users, and asking for our opinions as to how to make it better. I mean tweaks, that's all. Something as simple as having the numbers displayed like a keypad rather than the dreadful row across the top (only time this is favourable is when ur typing a password and it supplies u with numbers on top of your letters). It's not an issue, it would just make it better for example, which is why I can't fathom the idea that, o2 for example, would take calls and use their man hours over something that doesn't greatly benefit them.
Torch 9800
Bold 9900
PlayBook 32GB
Z10
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76

I agree, one of the things that made animoto a success was this:

http://help.animoto.com/forums/161669-feature-ideas

We as registered users get to suggest ideas and rate ideas. Each registered user can only have i believe 10 likes and we need to like in priority order the features. once a feature is planned or implemented a like is freed up.

This way animoto sees how many people like an idea. They can show that they are, investigating, planning or implementing an idea - we are all a lot happier - and they do very well as they have a better product and happier customers.

It also separates new features from bug reporting.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ryanstevenson87

That absolutely fits the bill of what I was trying to explain! And rather than sifting through them ALL, as I put it, the users themselves vote thus doing all the work for them for FREE! It puts all the answers on the plate for them and technically even ranks them in order based on the number of votes per suggestion!

Brilliant! Yet it seems so obvious and it's bewildering to know that they, like most other big corps., don't have this system in place. I'm glad I'm not the only person who sees it that way, lol.
Torch 9800
Bold 9900
PlayBook 32GB
Z10
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76

[ Edited ]

British common sense. Every year i ask my school parents what they liked and disliked about the school photos this year and what other products they would be interested in. This has helped my business no end. but on that note I feel we may have exhausted this topic.

Tho. I might suggest to my carrier that they suggest to blackberry a feature suggestion forum. :Angel:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

ryanstevenson87 wrote:
And finally does one suggest (I'm only actually 25 lol, I'm just trying to ensure this isn't personal) that the network carriers in the UK have call centres trained to deal with many but minor inconveniences with an OEM'S software rather than the OEM having a central nest/portal/den/go-to place/community specifically for these small inconveniences strictly to help improve the software? As has already been stated, sounds like a lot of middle men when there could/should just be one.

not the same pricing at the end of the month.

Here is how it works.

• You are an O2 customer. You pay O2 every month to have phone service, with phone and data. You do not ever pay anything to RIM.
  • O2 is a RIM customer. On a regular basis, they pay RIM to get phones, and support, and service.

When you have a minor issue "my voice mail does not work"

1. you contact O2 and they fix your minor issue.

when you have a minor issue "I have lost my BlackBerryID password",

1. you contact O2 and they will read in their procedures what you must do to fetch a new password

when you have a complicated issue "my AppWorld does not work anymore":

1. you contact O2, depending on the quality of the person you have, they may not be able to solve your issue.
  2. So they escalate your issue to RIM, you are in contact with a Level 2 RIM helpdesk Employee (= they have the knowledge so they cost more money than a Level1 O2 helpdesk employee )
  3. and if that person cannot help you, then they can escalate to Level3 RIM Technical advisor (= more knowledge, so his/her minutes costs even more), and maybe there are more levels above.

From a helpdesk point of view, and from a statistical point of view, the most frequent requests are the minor ones. So it's good to have a lot of Level1 cheap people to do the support. This way, you don't pay too many Level2 people to do the work that a Level1 could handle.

In the end, skills are put where needed, and the final payer (=you) pay less for the best support.

You can have more (Apple care & Apple Geniuses in Apple Stores), but it costs you more money.

It's like in a hospital. The intern changes the bandages, the surgeon does the hard work, and after that the nurses do the stiches.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.