Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!

Re: THINGS I REALLY DON'T GET ABOUT MY NEW Z10

Not having many issues.  Haven't had to change the screen brightness no matter what background I select.

If there are any "issues" for me it would be where some of the apps are downloading to (& not installing themselves... have to "search" for the d/l & manually install) and some ringtones I d/l'd .. are quite the process to get to them, when you want to use it.  & you cannot listen to it before selecting.  Perhaps that is just how the app maker created it? I don't know.  But it would be nice if you could listen to it, before selecting... would also be nice if they were easier to access. 

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

I do not understand your issue about downloading ringtones. Where do you download them from?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

From the app world.  They came compacted & had to be installed.  When you want to use one, it's quite the hike to get to them, on the device. 

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

where in the app world ? you installed an application ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

[ Edited ]

It's a little circle with the BB Dots inside the circle (same dots that are on the back of your phone) & the text under the circle says "BlackBerry Wrold".  You can get wallpaper, ringtones & many other apps!

Regular Contributor
kotji
My Device: Os7.1

I'm don't know about webscriept.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Xandrex wrote:

ryanstevenson87 wrote:
And finally does one suggest (I'm only actually 25 lol, I'm just trying to ensure this isn't personal) that the network carriers in the UK have call centres trained to deal with many but minor inconveniences with an OEM'S software rather than the OEM having a central nest/portal/den/go-to place/community specifically for these small inconveniences strictly to help improve the software? As has already been stated, sounds like a lot of middle men when there could/should just be one.

not the same pricing at the end of the month.

Here is how it works.

• You are an O2 customer. You pay O2 every month to have phone service, with phone and data. You do not ever pay anything to RIM.
  • O2 is a RIM customer. On a regular basis, they pay RIM to get phones, and support, and service.

When you have a minor issue "my voice mail does not work"

1. you contact O2 and they fix your minor issue.

when you have a minor issue "I have lost my BlackBerryID password",

1. you contact O2 and they will read in their procedures what you must do to fetch a new password

when you have a complicated issue "my AppWorld does not work anymore":

1. you contact O2, depending on the quality of the person you have, they may not be able to solve your issue.
  2. So they escalate your issue to RIM, you are in contact with a Level 2 RIM helpdesk Employee (= they have the knowledge so they cost more money than a Level1 O2 helpdesk employee )
  3. and if that person cannot help you, then they can escalate to Level3 RIM Technical advisor (= more knowledge, so his/her minutes costs even more), and maybe there are more levels above.

From a helpdesk point of view, and from a statistical point of view, the most frequent requests are the minor ones. So it's good to have a lot of Level1 cheap people to do the support. This way, you don't pay too many Level2 people to do the work that a Level1 could handle.

In the end, skills are put where needed, and the final payer (=you) pay less for the best support.

You can have more (Apple care & Apple Geniuses in Apple Stores), but it costs you more money.

It's like in a hospital. The intern changes the bandages, the surgeon does the hard work, and after that the nurses do the stiches.

That is very well put !!    :smileyhappy:

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor
ryanstevenson87
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

A little bit late on that, we have already established that there was a slight misunderstanding. (one of those oops signs would be good right now lol)
Torch 9800
Bold 9900
PlayBook 32GB
Z10
Regular Contributor
kotji

That is very well put !!
Regular Contributor
kotji

I would suggest a blackberry 10 feature requests forum maybe an idea to collate customer ideas for future updates.