Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
TFRIE33
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

TWO MAJOR LOSSES

I AM NO LONGER ABLE TO ALWAYS ALLOW  SOUND FOR MY CHILDREN WHEN THEY CALL OR TEXT AND MY PHONE IS IN SILENT MODE.     I ALSO HAVE AN ISSUE NOT BEING ABLE TO  DELETE EMAILS ON HANDHELD, WHILE STILL KEEPING THEM ON MY WORK COMPUTER; SINCE THE SYNC, I HAVE TO KEEP THEM ON MY PHONE AND THAT IS TOO MUCH.  IF I DELTE FROM MY PHONE, I ALSO DELTE FROM  WORK COMPUTER, NOT COOL.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Z10disappointed
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telcel

Re: TWO MAJOR LOSSES

To that you also have to add that it takes a long time to emails to reach your phone... I regret I got the new Z10

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

A work around I use is, I have a Hotmail account that POP's my messeges from my privat email accounts. The messages stay in Hotmail until I decide to clean them up. Actually, any of these email services will work as long as they allow POP services.

Hotmail can be set so it does not delete messages on other accounts that it loads or POP's from. Your phone can also read your Hotmail.

As for the sound issues, I really don't understand what you are getting at.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TFRIE33

on my old BB, in contacts, i could set it so if my kids called or text, even when the phone was on silent, i could hear thier ringtone, now, when the phone is on silent, it is silent and i do not know the kids are trying to reach me unless the entire phone is on normal ring.  when i am in meetings, i don't want the sound of ringing or text coming in, but for emergencies, i do want to be alerted by my children.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Z10disappointed
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telcel

That would be a work around, but why in this world would I need to go through all of the above? Why BB ruined the only thing that made them different?

I'm no longer able to push emails from my godaddy account as I used to with my old 9900, now I wonder why I chose the Z10 over an android phone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TFRIE33

So true, keep the good and add the better, don't lose what worked.  I stay with BB, cuz i am loyal and I'm not really tech savvy and once i learn something, I stick to it.  Everyone in my house has an I5, so it wouldn't be hard to learn everything.  I spoke to BB staff in Canada and shared all this.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

[ Edited ]

Just to add another comment, with Android you would not have the security as like with the BB phone. The BB product quality is probably the highest in the industry. Their phones are designed to be secure and reliable for business use. 

The Z10 email system works as its own email client. This makes its operation more user independent. There are some features not  present with the Z10 that are with the previous BB phones. From what I've read and been told there are more updates on the way to fix the missing options. I realize these take some time to come. Before updates are released by any authors they have to make detailed evaluations. These can take time. 

You will find with other device manufactures they all have their bugs. The technology from a hardware and software aspect is extremely complex. I have tried other types of phones and also found problems. I guess it's the question about what bugs you want to tolerate until they get fixed. My preference is for reliability, security, performance, support, and construction quality.  I found these are strongly apparent with BB products.  

By-the -way, I don't work for BB or any phone manufactures.  I work in Information Support technology. My specialty is for supporting the MS Windows OS.  

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.