Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
srenton
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: o2

TXT Message Conversation Order

A massive blackberry fan, but so far dissapointed in so many ways by the Z10!

I'm really hating (unless there is a solution) that when you receieve a txt message and read it, the conversation order seems to be based on the oldest message rather than the newest, unless this is a bug. e.g. I have a message from someone on 1st of Jan. I recieved a txt yesterday, but once I read it it vanished, and only when i scrolled down did I find the message at the bottom of the pile. Surely this should be at the top based on the last txt from the conversation not the first one.

Blackberry - Need to get their act together. I've stuck with them, recommended to my business, installed BES, and 50 devices, but very dissapointed. Doesn't work with current BES server, doesn't sync with outlook very well. Apps selection awful - No sky apps, and Sky have said no plans for ANY, so I'm worse off than my 9900 bold. Can't even run the same apps. Whatsapp not available yet. As a massive fan, I'm so very dissapointed,

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: TXT Message Conversation Order

srenton wrote:

I recieved a txt yesterday, but once I read it it vanished, and only when i scrolled down did I find the message at the bottom of the pile. Surely this should be at the top based on the last txt from the conversation not the first one.

hello srenton,

can you do a battery pull and tell us if the conversation is still not at the top of the list?

srenton wrote:

Blackberry - Need to get their act together. I've stuck with them, recommended to my business, installed BES, and 50 devices, but very dissapointed. Doesn't work with current BES server, doesn't sync with outlook very well. Apps selection awful - No sky apps, and Sky have said no plans for ANY, so I'm worse off than my 9900 bold. Can't even run the same apps. Whatsapp not available yet. As a massive fan, I'm so very dissapointed,

1) About BES: your Z10 will work 100% through EAS with your current BES4/5 server for emails, contacts & calendar. but indeed if you want the whole set, you have to upgrade to BES10, which you can do for free now.

2) can you give more information about your issues with Outlook?

3) apps : I do not know what Sky is so I guess it is a local app.

4) About Whatsapp, as well as Skype, those apps will be available in the upcoming days/weeks, so for that specific part of your post, your disappointment is the common feeling of the early adopter :smileywink:

I advise you to apply "gentle yet firm" pressure on the WhatsApp team on their twitter acccount! :smileyvery-happy:

5) about "get their act together", I think it is far too late to do anything now apart from what has already planned, because everything is already on rails:

• the January 30th even is already in the past
  • the release of the Z10 for each carrier is already planned
  • the keynote of February 4th is already written (BlackBerry Jamcon in Europe)
  • the ad for Sunday's SuperBowl is post-produced already
  • the release of the Q10 for each carrier is probably also already planned
  • the new shopblackberry accessories webstore reopening is already planned
  • Alicia Keys' corporate badge is working :smileywink:
  • all the other ads for BlackBerry 10 and for the Z10 are ready for broadcast
  • the last ironing for the Z10 webpages & manual will certainly be over in a few hours/days
  • the relationship with the apps makers has started long ago

but I agree that there is still the issue with Netflix, as well as where  can someone buy a Z10 without a carrier contract.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
srenton
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: o2

I have done a battery pull and the txt message conversation is still at the bottom of my list, which is very annoying. It is listed under Tuesday Jan 2st 2013, yet the last message in the conversation was Friday, There are other messages also in this way.

I have Blackberry Enterprise Express server 5 for managing my blackberry devices. When I connected the Z10 it did not show up as a connected device to allow me to change to it. Are you saying that that should work? When I plugged in my Bold 9900 via USB while on the web interface, it instantly sees the device, but when I plugged in the Z10 it didn't seem to recognise it. Am I doing something wrong? I have just upgraded overnight to 5.04 - Was that perhaps needed ?

Sky is the UK major (and only) Satelite TV provider. It produces apps for it's news channel, sports channel and even the ability on andriod and iphone to watch live TV. As much as I didn't expect that app, given the 9900 has the Sky News and Sky Sports Apps, its dissapointing that they are not available for the Z10 app, and worse that Sky has said it has NO plans to produce any. This means, most of the apps I already have on the 9900 bold I can't get for the Z10.

Maybe you are right and I'm an early adopter, but I was hoping for better from day 1. Why dissapoint the people on day 1. Better to get it right before you launch.

This txt thing in particularly is very annoying - At first I thought txt messages were vanishing after I read them, but instead they are jumping down to the bottom.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

srenton wrote:

I have done a battery pull and the txt message conversation is still at the bottom of my list, which is very annoying. It is listed under Tuesday Jan 2st 2013, yet the last message in the conversation was Friday, There are other messages also in this way.

I do not have my microSIM yet, so I do not suffer this behaviour yet. but I know that I will be very angry if it happens to me. I understand you perfectly.

srenton wrote:

I have Blackberry Enterprise Express server 5 for managing my blackberry devices. When I connected the Z10 it did not show up as a connected device to allow me to change to it. Are you saying that that should work? When I plugged in my Bold 9900 via USB while on the web interface, it instantly sees the device, but when I plugged in the Z10 it didn't seem to recognise it. Am I doing something wrong? I have just upgraded overnight to 5.04 - Was that perhaps needed ?

if you have a BlackBerry10 device, and want to connect it to your Exchange server, there are only three possibilities:

• use IMAP/POP for email
  • use ActiveSync for email/contacts/calendar
  • use BES10 for the whole set

BES and BES Express will not see BlackBerry 10 devices. if you want the whole set, then you can either migrate for free from BES4/5 to BES10, or wait to see if BES10 Express is released (I know the question is not officially decided yet at BlackBerry's).

srenton wrote:

Sky is the UK major (and only) Satelite TV provider. It produces apps for it's news channel, sports channel and even the ability on andriod and iphone to watch live TV. As much as I didn't expect that app, given the 9900 has the Sky News and Sky Sports Apps, its dissapointing that they are not available for the Z10 app, and worse that Sky has said it has NO plans to produce any. This means, most of the apps I already have on the 9900 bold I can't get for the Z10.

During the BlackBerry 10 launch event, BlackBerry CEO said that they worked very hard:

• to get 70000 apps available on day 0. This is incredible for a new device / new OS. the iPhone App Store started with less than 5000 and same for the new Windows Phone, and for the Android apps store at the time. I can only be hands down for that
  • to get the top 1000 most popular apps across the world, from BlackBerry JavaOS/BlackBerry TabletOS/Android/iOS. I don't have the list, but it seems that they globally met the expectations, so good job especially because they really started from a very low point
  • to get a great device that does not blush compared to the iPhone5, the Lumia or the Galaxy SIII ==> in my opinion it is a success too.

but of course it is not enough. Among the apps, there is no NetFlix, WhatsApp & Skype are underway but not done yet, the US carriers will be one month late and many people will feel regressions (like you the Sky app available on OS7 but not on BB10).

It's okay for an app to be late (well, it is not okay but everybody is used to that now). On the other hand I do not think it is okay for Sky to say "no, not planned".

srenton wrote:

Maybe you are right and I'm an early adopter, but I was hoping for better from day 1. Why dissapoint the people on day 1. Better to get it right before you launch.

I am an early adopter, I participate in beta zone testing too, so I know what it feels like when the quality delivered at first is below your expectations.

But imagine yourself in 6 months... with the SMS conversation ordering fixed, and the Sky app available, all that will be in the past and you will be happy with your Z10.

Or course, RIM could have done things better. There are certainly reasons why they did not. I agree with you. But with time constraints, they have to do what needs to be done, and give priority to international apps as opposed to very localized apps ( as far as I understand things, Sky only works for UK Sky subscribers living in the UK). On the other hand, I am surprised that Sky says "no, not planned".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

srenton wrote:
I'm really hating (unless there is a solution) that when you receieve a txt message and read it, the conversation order seems to be based on the oldest message rather than the newest, unless this is a bug. e.g. I have a message from someone on 1st of Jan. I recieved a txt yesterday, but once I read it it vanished, and only when i scrolled down did I find the message at the bottom of the pile. Surely this should be at the top based on the last txt from the conversation not the first one.

I'm trying to understand where you are seeing this issue. 

Is this when you are in the hub viewing all of your text messages that are grouped by conversations (ie.  you see a new text message and it's on the current day.  Once you click into the text message and read it and then exit out back into the hub it now shows the conversation as an older message further down the list)

Or is it when you click into the text messages themselves and are reading the full conversation between you and someone else (which is ordered with the oldest messages always at the top and newer ones at the bottom).  In this view whenever I view my text conversations it defaults to the bottom of the list showing the newest messages and I have to scroll up to view older messages.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DVader
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

You may be able to sideload some Android versions of apps you want on BB10 but aren't there yet.

Please use plain text.