Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Text Messages Not Showing Contacts Names

i have recently noticed that whenever i text someone from my contacts list, at the top of the message where it used to show their contact picture and name, it only shows their number and no picture.  but within the message itself, it shows their name just not at the top though.

and within the hub, it only shows text messages by the contacts number only.  but if someone from my contacts sends me a message first, their name does show. so what the heck is going on with the Z10 and how can i fix this?  thanks.

btw, this all started after i lost my contacts when performing an o/s refresh to fix another peoblem.  i had to import my contacts from a legacy Torch back up.  i am running 10.0.10.116.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Optus

Re: Text Messages Not Showing Contacts Names

I've encountered this several times.

It was doing it because of international numbers, Sometimes the carriers sent the message for their international number. So under their contact details I entered both numbers.

ie.

Phone. +61 410735***

Phone2. 0410 735 ***

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Text Messages Not Showing Contacts Names

ok i fixed it.  here's what i found out...

i noticed the phone numbers that matched names to my contacts had a "+1" preceding them whereas the ones that didn't have namds had "1" preceding them.  it seems the Z10 treats +1 and 1 numbers like they are totally different.  ok so i decided, hmm let me add + to one of the conatcs and see what happens.

alrighty it fixed showing the name for that one contact but fixed all of the ofher contacts that were not working also.  then in addition for some odd reason it moved all the text messages that were fixed to May 20 even though they were at the top of the list as i texted them earlier today and yesterday.  yeah weird i know.

i then went back in and removed the + from the contact that fixed the whole bunch and now all of the contacts have their name at the top of the text screen regardless of having 1 or +1 preceding it.  hmm.  i then had to text those contacts just to bring them back to the top of the text message listing.  this Z10 and its bugs... argh!