Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
bratprince1_11
My Device: Z10

Text Messages freezing

[ Edited ]

I have a Z10 with version 10.1.0.4181 OS.  My phone works great and I love it.  Except recently, I've noticed that if I send a text message to a specific person and they send me one at the same time, my text message screen freezes at a blank message with the contact's name showing, but no history of texts.  My phone beeps and lets me know I've received messges in the conversation.  And I can see it when I return to the hub, but tapping any text message or even a blank one, brings me back to a blank message for this contact.  All other features remain functional except text.  If I reboot, all is okay afterwards. 

Any suggestions or fixes?  Thanks in advance.  I could use the help.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Re: Text Messages freezing

Hey bratprince1_11

Have you restarted your computer Z10 Blackberry to see if the changes improve.
If the problem evidences the persistence do a hard reset by pressing the power button for 30seconds.

Regards.

Kudos ** Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions ** Can
Accept as Solution to ** Comments **

@gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bratprince1_11
My Device: Z10

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, rebooting fixes the problem.  But I shouldn't have to reboot if I happen to receive a text the same time I'm sending one.  Sounds like a OS bug.  Has it happened to anyone else?  I've found other people on the internet with similar problems...but was unable to find a solution to the issue as of yet. 

Please use plain text.
amproudfoot
My Device: Q10

I have this same problem and it is driving me crazy! Its gotten me to the point where I probably wont get another blackberry again becuase their seems to be no solution. 

I thinki the biggest issue is that the os does not have a save text history option, it just automatically does it, I have tried deleting my history one conversation at a time and it seems to help a bit, but it often freezes when I do this so it takes forever to do. You shouldnt have to do this anyways, its a bit rediculous how bad it is. My phone freezes a couple times a day

Please use plain text.