Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone NZ / UBT
Accepted Solution

Text Messages shortcut accidentaly deleted from home screen

Hi, my friend has accidentaly deleted the  Text Messages shortcut the from home screen - how can I restore this?

Cheers
Marcus

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Text Messages shortcut accidentaly deleted from home screen

You have to reload the OS in order to get it back. You can still get to the Text Messages from the Hub. I rarely use the icon anyway.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hi, does anyone have any other ideas on this? Particularly look for a developer to reply - someone gave the solution as a code file replacement but their reply has been removed due to breach of terms by asking for my email address. I would really appreciate any further solutions! Cheers, Marcus

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

John_Clark gave you the best answer you're going to get. I suggest you go with it.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Thanks @BillJ

There is a text messaging bar file that is included in the OS downloads (if you've ever loaded an OS using Sachesi you'd know what I'm referring to) but I have no idea if installing just that bar file will bring back the text messaging icon or not.  That's what the developer that posted was probably talking about. 

Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Developer
My Device: BBTEN
My Carrier: ooredoo

I have Bar file for text messaging. if you want i can send it. install bar file text messanging without yor reload OS. so if you reload OS you can lose your data. and install Bar File you can save your Data

Ades Ganteng
New Contributor

Yes that's what i'm looking for - is there any way to legitimately contact other users to recieve files etc on this forum?

Guru II

You can send private messages and do whatever you like.
Developer
My Device: BBTEN
My Carrier: ooredoo

hi

marcwjmh

Done

done. Check your email

Ades Ganteng