Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Timmor614
My Device: Z10

Text message retrieval

I've had a couple of texts today with photos attached. In both cases all I see is a message saying " you have a message awaiting retrieval. Click the button to download it". Doesn't matter how many times I click download, the message doesn't download. The download button just disappears and if you navigate away and back, the download button reappears. Any idea what's wrong? Full 3G signal and home wifi connected.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Text message retrieval

Have you tried a battery pull?

Yup. Now I just have a tiny grey dot and no message at all. I bet it was a great photo too ;-)
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Dang. I don't know of a way to get it.  I would delete the thread if possible and have them send another picture or get someone else to send a test pic.

Thanks for the advice, wolf. Definitely seems an issue with my z10 though as they were messages from two different people.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Or it could be somehting going on with the carrier and the delivery of MMS messages.  Interesting

Subscribed. I'm having the same issue, have been for a month or so. Not all contacts, and not always pictures - though it seems to happen with pictures more often and to the same few folks. Deleting the text thread has solved the issue temporarily - but it always returns. Frsutrating. Carrier is clueless.
Please use plain text.
kyontz

I am receiving the same error.  This is more than frustrating.  I have noticed the error with people who have iphones.  That could have nothing to do with it, but that's how it's gone with me so far.  

Please use plain text.
shynkz
My Device: Q10

I have the same issue. I frequently get the same message from my boss and so far ONLY from my boss. (My boss is on iphone). I can read some of his sms but whenever i get the prompt "you have a message awaiting retrieval: Click the button to download it" and ask my boss to resend whatever it was, he'd say which ones? It turned out that i've actually received and read his message earlier! --- Could this be just a BB bug of some sort?? But hey, im still worried. >_<

Please use plain text.