Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
firedjj
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: fido

Text message rocords lost

i updated my phone for the newest update for july, i restarted my phone. After the update, all my previous text records all dissappeared, i tried refreshing and restarting my phone again, still didnt work, seems like they were deleted. im sure that it has something to with the update. the texts record contains important informations, if there anyway i can retreive them back.
Please reply ASAP blackberry team

Please use plain text.
Visitor
redblackblueberry
My Device: z10

same for me: Text message records lost!!

After updating the OS today, I restarted my phone to find ALL my text messages (sms and mms) deleted from the text message folder!! Like you, there were some important msgs that I'm hoping I can get back. Nothing else at the moment seems to be lost. I'm quite upset by this ridiculous turn of events after an apparent update.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
illy69
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Text message records lost

:smileymad:

I'm another frustrated BlackBerry Z10 user who updated her phone yesterday and subsequently lost all text records. Not only is this an inconvenience, but a lot of important information was on my phone which is now gone. I want to know what BlackBerry is going to do about this?  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
compessia
My Carrier: ch-orange

Re: Text message rocords lost

hi there, the same here... no more text message from update for yesterday nite!!!! come on Rim team, what's the deal? thx fwd for reply ASAP.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
John_S
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

I had the same issue. I updated the OS yesterday morning and lost all my text messages.  Irritated all day, I restored the backup file I did before the OS update and the text messages didn't reload. The size of the backup before the OS update was nearly 600MB and after it was 290MB.  Blackberry, please help!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
compessia

2 days after messages crash, no solution, no contact, no one to reach directly to get help... what the hell, are they doing??? I didn't see any issue by RIM, seems that "problem" never exist, just for us... !!! BB was professionals oriented, now maybe just amateur will use it?!?!?! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
firedjj

Alright guys, what is this. I expect a blackberry professional to come and answer our questions, srsly. BBz10 is meant to be a business phone, and even the cheapest phone in the market don't lose their text records, and a blackberry does, this is totally unacceptable. I need an answer from professional as soon as possible, if support team do see this, please answer my question and not run away from it. Give us a solution and stop running away from it,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
compessia

Sure, this is the way. We cannot accept that situation. you have to find out a real solution in order to fix the problem and get our messages back. Some of them were essential for my business. I can't lose them. So, toc toc... nobody there BB team???
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
afyonlu
My Carrier: Turkcell

same, im going to CRAZY !!!! where is the BB Team ?????

Please use plain text.
Contributor
compessia

compessia New Contributor
4:07 AM
"You should be able to restore that backup"... this is an answer from BB resident expert... hey, come on ! that guy is telling you he lost all messages after upgrade, this is a F ucking bug . I know I have the same. Then, he told you he made a backup 2 weeks ago... do you thing, in real life, real business stuff, 2 weeks is nothing!!! For me, 2 weeks means thousands Swiss francs missed on my bank account. On my side, I lost all my text messages and mms... so, now, we are waiting a real solution from BB team, not something like that answer. it is not a solution, just a way to say... "we F ucked up now you had to back up all before upgrade, stupid customers... we told you before, every time... "Thank you to answer and fix the problem in order to recover all or back in time to proceed to this backup and back to upgrade.
Please use plain text.