Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook

Text message status icons

Maybe I'm being silly, but whenever I've sent a text message with my Torch 9800 or with my Z10, it always used to display the tick icon next to the message I've sent. I've only sent 2 text messages this afternoon and noticed that it changes from the tick to a blue box with a 'D' icon? I sent texts earlier this week (Tues) and it was still using the tick icon, the blue 'D' icon didn't appear till today and I've been using the latest updated software on my Z10 for the past few weeks now.

Anybody have any clue what the 'D' is meant to be?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra

Re: Text message status icons

D stands for delivered.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook

thanks for the information, Rich C. Does this mean like with Whatsapp if it's been read it'll change to R?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Rich C is offline so please permit me to respond in his place.

The 'D' for delivered is used in both SMS messages as well as BBM messages however 'R' for read is a feature available in BBM and perhaps others such as Whatsapp but not SMS.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.