Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

Text messages disappeared

I just updated my BB10 software to 10.0.10.82 based on a notification received yesterday on my phone. Since the update, I am not able to see my text messages in the Hub. When I tap the "Text messages" icon, it takes me to the hub. In the bub management secrtion, it does not show "text messages" in the list of items to be included in the main view of the hub.

What should I do now?

Regards

Devesh

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Text messages disappeared

Durring the update, something must have been currupted. If you have a backup, then go back to your last backup before the update, then do the update after your restore. Do a quick re-boot before you start your z10 update. I have seen some people got the notifciation area dissapeared after the update.  If you don't have a backup, then the only solution is to do a factory restore and it will also pull down the latest updates durring the restore. You will loose your contacts unless you have it copied on your sim card(open contacts, swipe from top down, select settings, copy contacts from device to sim card).. or you do the same method you used to get your contacts and calendar. The apps are easy to install and anything you purchased would still be there to re-install.

Contributor

Thanks. i did take a backup just before the software update. I will try to restore and then run the update. If I have any issues, will post back here.

Thanks once more

Contributor

Thanks. Not only did everything restore back but the software version is showing as the latest one so I do not even have to update again.

you have been a great help.

Forums Advisor I

Excellent,, glad you have a full working z10. No go and play with and discover the advanced features of the phone. I am still learning new things every day..  Being on the forum also teaches me some new tricks and features.. 

Contributor

I am missing some things though:

setting up conference calls direct through calendar entry

setting up conference call numbers to automatically fill in the calendar entry when choosing "conference call"

auto bcc on emails

blackberry internet server for non-enterprise emails

better things:

browser

typing

hub

bad:

battery life seems to be poor compared to torch 9860

Forums Advisor I

I am sure that the features will be incorporated in future Os upgrades, as a more people request it. As far as battery goes for and advanced smartphone it is on par with Samsung or I phone 5. I actually find my z10 last me all day with normal use. My wife has to carry a charger with her all the time because the I phone 5 drains her phone very quickly. For the z10 you at least have an option to Cary a spare battery. I bought the accessory for charging with the spare battery.. the battery gets batter after 3 weeks And with the latest Os upgrade.
My Carrier: VODAFONE

Hi

I have just switched over from a BOLD 5 to Z10. The problem I am facing is that some of the texts sent by me are appearing in the text messages window and some of the texts sent by me do not even appear in the window or you can say dissapear after they have been sent, its not being saved. How does one go about solving this issue??

Thanks