Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Texting Issues with udpate

[ Edited ]

I have installed the most recent update on my Rogers z10.  Everything things seems fine, except that phone lags quite a bit at time, and almost always during text message.  There is quite a delay it seems when the phone now has to "fetch" info. Eg:  when composing a text message as apposed to replying.  If the text message string  is somewhat long.  I looked online and first back-up an exported my old text messages.  Now i only have recent text messages.  Before it was unbearably slow, to the point it was not even feasible to text.  First i though it was just my phone.  I rebooted many times.  I even security swiped and same issues.  Now i found that everyone at our work place are having the same issues.  Even the call display when someone is calling is laging.  First the phone number shows up and then the persons name is filled in after the first ring.  This is a bug for sure.  before this update i had all my old text dating back to February when i first got the phone and there were no problems with any lagging what's so ever.  i freed up some foom on my phone an know have over 4gb free on primary phone memorey (25 gb left of SD card).  does anyone else have this issue.  I looked online and people are reporting the same issues, but i have yet to find a solution. 

Things already done:

-Security swipe and backup

-reboot - battery pull

-Delete all old texts

-free up memory

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY appreciated.  I send alot of texts daily, because of my job and so does everyone at work.  What im looking for is a fix, not a work around like : use BBM instead.  If i could i would...

edit:  I have a z10 STL100-3.  Others at work also have same and also Q10.  All are having the same issues.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Texting Issues with udpate

Am from Manila & I have the same sms problems as yours, so frustrating as it seems no solution on sight but to leave BlackBerry altogether. Please help. Mine is z10 OS 10.2
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Texting Issues with udpate

i have the same issues on my phone since the upgrade ,very frustrating must say. hate to say it but time to leave blackberry all together