Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Marbrk
My Device: Z10

Re: The SIM card is from an unknown source

IMG_20140218_185934.pngIMG_20140218_185945.png

this are the error screens

Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

Ok..... try this :
Remove battery and then the SIM card. Wait for a minute and re insert the battery only. Wait til the phone is up an running. It will tell you there is no SIM card. Now turn OFF the phone, remove battery, put SIM card back then the battery.
Let me know what happens
Contributor
Marbrk

that's what I've been doing all the time this last week, but you said it because I did it is. but did not work. the error message still appears even with or without the SIM card.
one thing: though sim card is not inserted: the BlackBerry logo appears above and have all the data services. this is normal? thanks
Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

Marbrk wrote:

that's what I've been doing all the time this last week, but you said it because I did it is. but did not work. the error message still appears even with or without the SIM card.
one thing: though sim card is not inserted: the BlackBerry logo appears above and have all the data services. this is normal? thanks
Personaly, I would call the carrier to clarify this... Why are you getting no network signal when SIM is in the phone? Even without a SIM, the phone should pick up a signal - from the carrier that`s locked to - for emergency calls. Better yet, find out if your carrier has a store and go visit the store. 
There are a couple of things I can think of - defective SIM card or somthing to do with the network - but you should call them and ask about this
The Blackberry logo in the top right corner, indicates you have data - or that the data on your phone is switched ON.    

Contributor
Marbrk

thanks, the problem here is that the carriers do not care much troubleshoot users. The carrier have no idea what happens to the phone.
and to complicate more: now when the battery is at 50%: the phone is turned off. This problem is with the last updated os. I'm lost.
Thanks you again.

New Contributor
asepakung
My Device: iPhone 4 cdma

Yes im have same situation, and no solution until now. .

Contributor
Marbrk

ok. it's a shame to hear that, but I am sure that our problem has a solution. I make a few questions: When you start your device: 1) starts twice? (initialized to 100% and start again)? 2) has disappeared icon carrier applications? 3) when you start: you can see the logo of the carrier or not?
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

Marckello and others: it may help to check that you have the correct APN settings. Got to Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Networks. At the bottom select APN. What does it say?
Contributor
Marbrk

sorry, but i don´t have this option APN. see the image:

IMG.png

sorry, its in spanish, but you understand. thank you!

Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

[ Edited ]

Try going in through the Hub. Hub > 3dots > settings > text messages > advanced. Go to bottom. Are APN settings active here?  You must have the correct APN settings as supplied by your network. 

Also, if you can't find them, remove the SIM and restart w/o to see if they appear.