Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
boswellmachine
My Device: Blackberry Z10

The archive feature within Gmail not an option when utilizing through Blackberry Hub?

An option inherent in Gmail to store away emails from your inbox is the Archive feature. When viewing Gmail through Blackberry Hub (not Gmail app) It doesn't give me the ability to archive an email out of my inbox. It simply prompts me as to what folder I want to send the message. Archive is not a feature. I'm assuming I'd have to download the Gmail app to obtain this.

Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra

Re: The archive feature within Gmail not an option when utilizing through Blackberry Hub?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Archive takes the mail off the gmail server and saves it to your local device.  Wouldn't that be more of a computer thing than a BB thing?    A current limitation of BB10 is that it can only save the last 30 days of email (I'm hearing this will go away with the release for 10.1), so I'm not sure Archive would be helpful on a BB.

As for the gmail app, unfortunately, for now they have decided not to support BlackBerry anymore.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jcgrube
My Device: Z10, Playbook 16GB

Re: The archive feature within Gmail not an option when utilizing through Blackberry Hub?

Actually, if you chose "delete" from Hub, it performs "Archive" on the GMail server. This is normal functionality with any program that uses IMAP to connect to GMail, as the Z10 does. What I'd like to see is the ability to chose either delete permanently OR archive from Hub. I delete junk and archive normal mail. What I have done is use the browser to log into GMail, and then sent a shortcut to the screen. It stays logged in, and from there I can actually delete junk. It is an acceptable workaround for me for now.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook

Yes, the Delete command from the Hub archives the message.  But, once you do that, you can't access the message on the device (at least I haven't found a way to do so).  Hoping to see this behaviour revised in a 10.1.x release, to allow viewing of "All Mail".

As a work-around, I've created a tag in Gmail (which shows as a folder within the Hub) called Archived.  Any miscellaneous stuff that doesn't belong under a specific tag goes there.  Similarly, anything I want to really delete goes under a tag "Delete These".  Periodically, I delete them from my PC.