Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Alzaabi
My Device: Z10

Three problems with BB Z10

I have three issues with my new BB Z10:

1- When I update my contact list, the favorites list in whatsapp doesn’t get updated, despite repeating the attempt several times.  I tried restarting the device but still didn’t work.

2- When copying a message sent from a friend in the BB messenger, the sender’s name is copied when I past the message for other people. This doesn’t happen in the text message or in whatsapp messages.

3- When I send a broadcast message to my list in the BB, the messages sent earlier and not read gets unread after the broadcast. I mean, I get couple of messages which I didn’t read, and when I open one of them and broadcast it to the other contacts, their messages shows as read!!!

Forums Advisor III
drewread

Re: Three problems with BB Z10

Did you hit the overflow button on the 'Favs' page in WhatsApp and chose 'refresh' from the menu? That should populate your list if there are any contacts in the contacts pave of WhatsApp.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
Alzaabi

I did hit the overflow button and refreshed the contact, but I get "refreshing favorites" and nothing is being added.

As I mentioned above, I tried to delete and reinstall and application more than once, and did reboot the device but still nothing happened.

I used to have all my contacts who uses whatsapp before in the list, but when I removed all the contact list, and sync. the contacts with outlook, I started getting this problem. :Helpsmilie:

Forums Advisor III
drewread

Did you swipe down click help and then click contact developer, so that you can ask the actual developer about the issue? :smileyhappy:
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Contributor
Alzaabi

Thanks drewread, I managed to solve the problem finally. it was the problem with the mobile number format it was written without the international code (+) when I added it to the number, the problem was solved. appreciate your help
Contributor
Alzaabi

after solving this problem, I am still stuck with the other two issues: 2- When copying a message sent from a friend in the BB messenger, the sender’s name is copied when I past the message for other people. This doesn’t happen in the text message or in whatsapp messages. 3- When I send a broadcast message to my list in the BB, the messages sent earlier and not read gets unread after the broadcast. I mean, I get couple of messages which I didn’t read, and when I open one of them and broadcast it to the other contacts, their messages shows as read!!!
Contributor
febegaia
My Device: playbook

One question, when you delete the WhatsApp you loose the contact list? This happens to me once on OS 7,since that I don't want to reinstall. I'm waiting the answer to download the WhatsApp on Z10
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Alzaabi wrote:
after solving this problem, I am still stuck with the other two issues: 2- When copying a message sent from a friend in the BB messenger, the sender’s name is copied when I past the message for other people. This doesn’t happen in the text message or in whatsapp messages. 3- When I send a broadcast message to my list in the BB, the messages sent earlier and not read gets unread after the broadcast. I mean, I get couple of messages which I didn’t read, and when I open one of them and broadcast it to the other contacts, their messages shows as read!!!

No problemo Alzaabi, Glad it worked out.

For #2, this is the way it is intended to work, so that it is quoted to the person that wrote it. I know that Skype does the same thing on my desktop. You'll have to simply delete the name. :smileyhappy:

Not sure about #3, I never send broadcast messages.. are you talking about in BBM or elsewhere?