Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Too many bugs

Hi

BB10 10.0.10.90 with too many bugs like

- no devicelock when using power-button, works after a restart. Fully keyboard, but no numpad to enter password

- problems connecting wifi

- no notifications after phonecalls

- no word-wrap in sms possible

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Too many bugs

Chris,

Since you are experiencing so many problems, have you thought about doing a system restore to factory settings and start from scratch(it will also pull down the latest updates after the BB Link restore).  The first three on your list , you should not be experiencing these issues. I found when I got my z10 , I had a lot of little bugs, since I did a system restore and installed the latest update on my phone all those little annoying problems have gone away.   The last we already talked about in your other post that the feature is not there and hope that BB see's these posts and adds the return key back..  

Contributor

Hi
Thanks for the answer.
I did a security wipe over system settings (Security and privacy) .
Or is there another way to get back to the factory settings?
Chris
Forums Advisor I

Secuirty wipe is correct. I find BB link to work great for restoring factory settings, the nice thing is that during the restore it goes on the net and pulls down the latest updates. 

Contributor

It did not solve any problems. I would say that's a question of the os-version. Which one do you have installed? I got Version 10.0.10.90.
Forums Advisor I

You seem to have a new OS version. I have 10.0.10.85, not sure if diffrent locations have diffrent OS.

Contributor

The update was about 150MB. Then a smaller Update of 5MB, saying again that updated to 10.0.10.90.
Forums Advisor I

If you are experiencing all three problems still after a system restore and 2 updates, I would open a ticket with your carrier and have them escalate it to Blackberry Support. This way they have to look into the problem and if you have a defective phone, it would be easier for an exchange.

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Those small updates with the same version number appear to be a result of deleting baked in apps.  For me it was Foursquare - every time I deleted it I'd get an update notice with the same OS version number.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

caribbeansun wrote:

Those small updates with the same version number appear to be a result of deleting baked in apps.  For me it was Foursquare - every time I deleted it I'd get an update notice with the same OS version number.

That's correct.  If you look under the update number that's being offered, it'll say either "Software Update" or "Applications Update".  An Application Update is basically some apps being pushed to your phone.  In my case with Rogers in Canada, it was their sports app plus a weather app.  In most cases now, if it's an Application Update with the same version number as a recent Software Update, I just delete the request.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.