Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ericschiff
My Device: Torch

Torch to Z10 Transition

I just moved from a Torch to a Z10.  I have a few questions in case anyone can help me out:

1) Does anyone know how to easily import your music playlists from Torch to Z10  I have copied the MP3 files from Torch to Z10 but have not been able to figure out how to copy the associated playlists and prefer not to have to do this manually if possible.

2) I accidentally copied a Google Address Book over -- which is old and duplicate of other addresses already there.  Is there an easy way to remove all contacts associated with a specific address book (e.g., Gmail contacts)?

3) I also seem to have a number of duplicated calendar entries (same invite on calendar a, b and c).  Is there an easy way to delete extras (e.g., remove calendar entries with specific characteristics)?  For instance, I see a lot of old invitations which are being misunderstood as recurring and need to be manually removed.

I'm hoping 1 & 2 may be easier to answer but suspect 3 is more complicated.  Thanks!

Regards,
Eric

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Degui123
My Device: z10

Re: Torch to Z10 Transition

I can help with 1 and 2. I also moved from a torch to Z10. I began with blackberry desktop software on my PC with my old phone first. Then it hooked me up to a new feature blackberry link. I followed directions but had to repeat when stuff didn't transfer. I did find my files photos and ring tones etc, but not in the new folders. 2 open contacts. At top. Touch till settings menu pops up then turn off whatever address books you don't want.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Torch to Z10 Transition

2. Or you can go into the Accounts under Settings and turn off contact sync for the account(s) you don't want to sync to the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.