Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Transfer 9800 Calendar to Z10 Calendar

Hi everyone...I'm new here.  Just got my Z10 yesterday, and love the phone but like everyone else, when I tried Blackberry Link to move old 9800 Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, etc...it did not work (very disappointed in Blackberry for that...I would have thought after that long delay, they would've gotten this much right for us existing users). 

After copying my gmail and contacts, I was able to sync those.  Is there another way to sync or restore my old 9800 Calendar to my Z10?  Is the only work-around for this issue is to go back and sync my 9800 calendar to gmail, then re-add my gmail account to synch email, contacts, and calendar?  Plus, this has to be done via Active Sync, otherwise the Z10 Calendar crashes if done via Gmail app? 

Can anyone from Blackberry please respond with an actual fix, rather than relying on your customers for work-arounds (which we all appeciate...but we shouldn't have to do this as customers)??  Sorry, I'm just frustrated with the lack of communication and support from Blackberry regarding these issues.

New Contributor
My Device: BB 10

Re: Transfer 9800 Calendar to Z10 Calendar

BB10 Calendar problem SOLVED!!!

Step 1: DO NOT do a device switch using BB Link!

Step 2: On your old device, do a device switch using an "SD Card' - this helped me big time since it copied everything!

Step 3: On your BB10 device, insert the old SD card, and complete the device switch using the "SD Card" option.

Step 4: Voila! All your calendar, phone book and personal data is all transferred on to your new BB10.

All the best!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Bb-10-Calender-issue/td-p/2142175/page/2

Contributor

Thanks shoaibm.  I will try this when I get home.  I don't have this Device Switch option on my 9800 6.0...so I'm guessing I'll have to update to 7.0.  Is this even possible?  I thought OS 7 won't work with my phone. 

New Contributor

hey, yes...you would have to update to the latest OS, and work from there....

if that doesn't work, then try to do a device switch in your old BB desktop manager, and do the switch on to the sd card...i hope that helps....

Contributor

Thanks.  Will give those a shot...hope it works. 

Contributor

Hey everyone....I was finally able to get my previous 9800 Calendar on my Z10.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do it via synching to gmail.  I couldn't get gmail to accept historical calender data, only new entries that I make with the phone.

With my SIM in my 9800, what I did was take a backup of my just my 9800 Calendar through Desktop Manager.  Then connected my Z10 and opened up Blackberry Link.  On the bottom bar, I clicked on my Z10, then clicked on Restore.  From there a menu popped up and I chose the Calendar backup I just made for my 9800.  I received a message saying not all calendar options are compatible with the Z10.  But when it completed successfully and I checked, my historical calendar info and future events/appointments are all there.

Thanks to shoaibm.  Loading OS 7.0 and doing a device transfer to media card would have been my next step.  Hope this helps someone else.

New Contributor

i'm glad the info helped Smiley Happy

all the best......

DLR
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I struggled with the same thing and the same phones and tried your recommendation on BlackBerry Link and it actually worked. Thanks for that.

However, I wonder if you could help me sync my Outlook calendar to my Yahoo email account. In the previous Desktop I could easily sync my phone calendar with my outlook calendar (attached to Yahoo). My problem is that my Outlook calender receives information from my Yahoo account in 1 direction but it doesn't sync to send information from Outlook into my Yahoo Account. If I'm able to set this sync up my BlackBerry calender would sync automatically as linked to my Yahoo account.

Your help would be appreciated.
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

I can't believe I waited this long for Blackberry to come out with a new phone and OS.  I picked up the new phone earlier today, i have used the Blackberry LINK to transfer my data etc, only to discover that it doesn't actually work!  I won't waste my time trying to figure out how to do Blackberrys job and get my existing blackberry (9800 Torch) calendar into the new Z10.  I am taking it back and looking at an alternative.  Regretably, that won't be a Blackberry.