Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
RobSin
My Device: Not Specified

Transfer Saved Messages

Hello,

We have upgraded one of our senior executives from a blackberry 9900 to a z10.  After recieving his new blackberry he discovered that he no longer has any of his saved messages and PINS.  We have run the device switch and everything transferred successfully except saved messages.

Can anyone shed any light on how we can transfer these?  He's asked me to put him back on the 9900 if we cannot do this and I suspect we'll have some other execs in the same position.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Transfer Saved Messages

I don't believe there is any way to bring over saved messages. The device doesn't do pin-pin messages (aside from BBM) so those won't transfer either.

A workaround might be to use the 9900 to put the saved messages into a folder. However, again, the Z10 device only holds 30 days worth of messages max so that may not be a very good solution.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.