Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Scottgo
My Device: Z10

Transfer contacts from Z10 to Torch 9860

Hi,

I have recently backedup my Z10 on blackberry link (personal phone). I have then downloaded BB desktop manager for my 9860 (work phone) - there is no info on the 9860 yet.

I thought that i would be able to transfer the contacts from the backup file of the Z10 to my 9860 - but when i select restore on the desktop software for the 9860, the file is not there. When i search and select for the backup file, it does not allow me to select or do anything with it.

Am i doing something wrong?

All i want to do is get contacts from my Z10 to my older 9860...

Help...

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: Transfer contacts from Z10 to Torch 9860

Scottgo wrote:

Hi,

I have recently backedup my Z10 on blackberry link (personal phone). I have then downloaded BB desktop manager for my 9860 (work phone) - there is no info on the 9860 yet.

I thought that i would be able to transfer the contacts from the backup file of the Z10 to my 9860 - but when i select restore on the desktop software for the 9860, the file is not there. When i search and select for the backup file, it does not allow me to select or do anything with it.

Am i doing something wrong?

All i want to do is get contacts from my Z10 to my older 9860...

Help...

You can not go backward with a backup fille, you will either need to use Active Sync from work to transfer your information, or find a online email service that allow you either Active sync or CARDDAV to be able to transfer to the older phone

Or you can do it manually

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.