Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
threeputt
My Carrier: Bell

Transfer of PhoneBook to BMW via Bluetooth

Just picked up a new Z10 and it pairs fine with my BMW but the phonebook does not show up. I had a bold before the Z10 and that worked fine.  Any ideas on how I can transfer the phonebook to the car appreciated.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate

Re: Transfer of PhoneBook to BMW via Bluetooth

Hello threeputt and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Contacts and Bluetooth. 

Did you confirm with BMW that your Bluetooth software is up to date? What year is your vehicle?

Does your vehicle support other features of Bluetooth, such as Music control? If so, does that feature work? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
threeputt

The customer care numbers show up, a Taxi number (why I have no idea) , and directory assistance.  It probably has something to do with Blackberry Balance, our IT folks  have that running.  What I did was enter some of the contacts onto the sim card directly and they now show up in the phonebook, the car is a 2011.  Also can't tranfer any work contacts to the sim card if blackberry balance is engaged.  

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

I don't know this for sure but if all your contacts are on your work account I would assume they can't be transferred off of the phone to another device (such as your car) for security reasons. That's the reason for BB Balance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
threeputt

I agree, entering them onto the sim card separately does work however.

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Rather than putting them on the sim can you add them to the local contact list in your personal area? Sim card contact info can be quite limited.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
threeputt

Problem solved, I had our IT go into Blackberry Balance and click the "allow" box where it said "allow contacts to be sent via bluetooth".  Works fine now or at least on the way home tonight.  Apparently "do not allow" is the default.  Your suggestion may work as well but I am happy with this result.

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Excellent. Good to know! Thanks for coming back and sharing that.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
covvie44

Ive got exactly the same problem but I dont have Blackberry Balance so I cant override the " do not allow" default.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Are you on BES?
Please use plain text.