Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Transfer of PhoneBook to BMW via Bluetooth

ok thanks all.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

BD, you're missing the point. 

Vodafone will not deal with this as they say it's not their problem, it's either the handset or the car and neither are their responsibility. Well in my case, I know the car's fine as all my other BB devices have transferred contacts to it just fine and all (the handsets) give a stage in the pairing process to transfer contacts. The Z10 does not offer this stage and I can find nowhere in any of the Bluetooth menus where there is anything that may be preventing transfer of contacts nor any way of specifically selecting "transfer contacts".

Please advise.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Vistars,
The path through Vodafone is your only support channel. There is nothing more anyone can do at this point if it still doesn't work. Call vodafone back and insist on being escalated and inform them of what the BB tech here said. They know they're supposed to escalate when they can't solve an issue. If they blow you off, insist again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Actually my easiest support channel John is to return the handset to Vodafone as another poor effort from RIM/Blackberry and then go off and get a handset that works properly out the box!

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Another handset that Vodafone will support just as well, I'm sure. There may be an issue with the BT contact transfer, though it worked fine on my 2008 Honda. You'll never know, though, since your carrier is jerking you around and you refuse to press them on it. Another instance of subpar carrier support, not subpar BB Support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Vistars I share your frustration 100%. I've spent far too much time on this and am still no nearer getting a solution. I intend to put a few hours aside one day next week and get hold of someone at BlackBerry. There must be a lot of others out there in the same boat so surely it has to get fixed.
New Contributor

John, if the product worked properly out of the Box (and this issue is far from the only one the Z10 has, this forum is full of people with problems) then the carrier wouldn't have to give technical advice on a problem with hardware that isn't theirs and they have no experience in.

I don't know what your airtime licences say in the US but over here they specifically state that the carrier is not responsible for faults in the software and they are liable only to provide a replacement handset (or accept the handset back and cancel the contract) for the first 7 days. After that you're stuck with it and whilst they will offer repairs for faulty hardware, faulty software is entirely the handset manufacturers problem.

Guru I

Exactly. And to get to the manufacturer you must go through the carrier. This forum is not an official support channel. You would have seen this in the terms and conditions when you signed up. Anyone who tells you different is wrong. There is no charge to you for escalation to BB through Vodafone. It is in the contract that is between Vodafone and BlackBerry. They are supposed to do that for you. I have no doubt Voda won't be able to help. They are supposed to escalate you directly to BB.

It's your call. Return the device and get something you like better if you want. I don't work for BB. I am just a frequent poster who helps others.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_00000012b.jpg

yeah i just ran into the same problem with my 530i.  phone pairs just fine but will not retrieve contacts.  just sits there with the clock icon forever.  my 9860 retrieved my contacts without issue.  is there a fix for this?

Contributor

donb: dont waste your time on it.. Theres no fix and you'll get no help from BB.  There are several other threads on this forum on this subject all of which have significantly been given no or  inadequate response from BB.

Go Samsung SIII.  Ive binned the Z10 and my new handest works brilliantly with my BMW.