Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Transfer of PhoneBook to BMW via Bluetooth

covvie44 wrote:

donb: dont waste your time on it.. Theres no fix and you'll get no help from BB.  There are several other threads on this forum on this subject all of which have significantly been given no or  inadequate response from BB.

Go Samsung SIII.  Ive binned the Z10 and my new handest works brilliantly with my BMW.

umm ugh.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Seems like someone in here said BB was aware of the problem. If you want to "bin" the Z10 that's your choice but there is no reason to say BB doesn't care or isn't doing anything.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

John_Clark wrote:
Seems like someone in here said BB was aware of the problem. If you want to "bin" the Z10 that's your choice but there is no reason to say BB doesn't care or isn't doing anything.

ok thanks.  i read elsewhere that it had to do with a BES setting that an admin can toggle but i am not even using BES.

Contributor

John. Well that's my opinion on the matter and as this is a forum, I will express my views even though they differ from yours! The Z10 proved a huge disappointment to this previously loyal BB user.

donb. I sincerely hope you fare better than I did on this but suspect you may ultimately arrive at the point I reached. Good luck and please post on your progress.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Cowie44, I share your opinion and also opted to get shot of the Z10. I suffered 2 years of poor performance and support with the Storm 2 (which incidentally communicated with my car just fine from day 1) so there was no way I was getting trapped by the same thing again!

Contributor
My Device: 8310, Playbook, Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I have a 2010 BMW, Z10 version 10.0.10.85 and the phone book (about 300 entries) transfers fine. I am not on a BES server and I did not have to do anything other than pair the phone to get the phonebook to transfer.

There might be an issue specific to your provider's Z10 software package or with your BMW software but the phone itself works fine with my BMW here in Canada.

I would suggest to check with BMW if they have tested the Z10 with your specific BMW bluetooth software version.

Sgt Wilko

New Contributor
My Device: NA

ISSUE FOUND - Re: Transfer of PhoneBook to BMW via Bluetooth

Issue Found -

It’s the BMW internal memory causing the issue, here how we came to this conclusion:

After deploying a CRM system to a sales company we found that none of the sales people could properly sync there contact and address book of their new Z10 phones with the fleet of BMW's.

The reason is that the BMW Bluetooth interface only has memory for 1500 phone numbers (not contacts, phone numbers) and with the new CRM system it meant all sales people now had around 5000 contacts all dynamically syncing address and contact information with their phones.

The customer had the patience of a saint and escalated this all the way to BMW, Carrier and BlackBerry to find this information out, the reason it worked previously is the old version of BlackBerry (6,5 etc.) synced only the 'Hot List' which was essentially the most recent of the phone book, this is a feature that had been removed for some reason from BlackBerry 10 despite being created for this very reason.

So in short unless BlackBerry brings back this ‘Hot List’ feature there is no resolution, new phone etc. will not resolve the problem unless you remove the contacts so that the total number of telephone numbers does not exceed 1500, in fact the documentation for the BMW manual actually says it can sync between 1000 to 1500 numbers depending on the model.

I hope this helps anyone else who has wasted there time trying to find a ‘fix’ I know I had been losing my mind as NO ONE knew or seemed to care to get the information we needed, and we spent weeks playing around thinking it was the phone only to find the car had been the issue.

Many thanks to our customer John Manley at Machine Tool Systems for having incredible patience and essentially spending hours on hold with BlackBerry and time at the dealership to help this issue come to a conclusion.

Super Contributor

Re: ISSUE FOUND - Re: Transfer of PhoneBook to BMW via Bluetooth

well i can't say i feel your logic because i only have about fifteen (15) contacts on my Z10.

New Contributor
My Device: NA

**bleep**, I completely forgot to mention that he had a 2013 model 5 series but I believe the firmware also needed updating from BMW (You could download it from the website to a flash drive and input it into the USB AUX) to be compatible with the new z10/q10. If this information doesn't apply to you then maybe it will help someone else. Good Luck!
Super Contributor

my 5-series has no USB AUX.  funny thing is my BB 9860 didn't have a problem sending my contacts to the very same car.  hmmm.