Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: torch9800
My Carrier: Bouygues telecom
Accepted Solution

Transfert contacts from BB 9800 to Z10

Hello,

I've a BlackBerry Torch 9800 and I would like transferring all contacts to my new BB Z10

How I can do that without record all my contacts on my SIM card

Thank for your help

Regads

Gilles

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Transfert contacts from BB 9800 to Z10

Hello gillesg

Transferring content to your new BlackBerry Z10 is easy

Bringing your contacts, pictures, video, apps and more from your old smartphone to your new BlackBerry 10 device can be fast and hassle-free, especially if you already have a BlackBerry ID.

But before you get started, download BlackBerry Link from http://blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html. Click on a link below to jump to the desired section.

• Download BlackBerry Link onto your computer.
    • Connect your old device to your computer using a USB cable.
    • Follow the steps provided on the BlackBerry Link screen.

What will be transferred?

With BlackBerry Link, you can transfer information that was saved to the memory on your old device, including:

• Contacts
  • Files (pictures, music, documents)
  • Calendar items
  • Tasks and Memos
  • BBM contacts
  • Browser bookmarks and folders
  • Alarm/clock settings
  • Text/SMS/MMS/PIN messages
  • Phone Call Logs
  • WLAN Profiles (for non-enterprise networks)
  • Password Keeper entries

If you have anything saved on your SIM card, such as address book contacts, make sure to save these things to your device memory or your media card first. That will ensue they get transferred during the device switch

Switching devices using a media card

For BlackBerry smartphone users with BlackBerry 7 OS and later, you can switch devices using your media card.

• On your old device, tap Search and type Device Switch in the field.
  • If you are running BlackBerry 7.0 or later, Setup will appear in the search results.
  • Click Setup > Device Switch > Using a Media Card > Save Data and select Continue.
  • When all of your content is saved to a backup file, remove the media card and insert it in your new BlackBerry 10 device.
  • When the screen shown on the left appears on your BlackBerry 10 device, type in your backup file password and items will begin to transfer to your new device.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"