Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10

Trouble updating Z10 by USB lead

I have a notification on my recently acquired Z10 (second hand) to sau that there is a software update available. When I connect to Blackberry webpage I can start to download the update and then - after a while and 10-20% of the upload - a message says there is an error. I've tried this twice now and same each time. Any thoughts on what might be wrong? Thanks.

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Trouble updating Z10 by USB lead

Hi 008,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Are you using the usb data cable that came with the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone or a BlackBerry branded cable?
Do you have BlackBerry Link installed on the computer?
Can you please try disabling any firewalls enabled on the computer that could be causing connection issues.

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: Trouble updating Z10 by USB lead

Unfortunately the saga conttinues. I had a Blackberry USB lead but thought I would get another in case that was the problem. I then disabled my firewall and ...... achieved 16% updating of the software when I was informed that there had been an error ..... finito !!

So, I still cannot update the software AND I am now getting the microphone problems which - from the forums - seem to be commonplace for this phone.

Exasperated hardly begins to describe it ....