Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
leblanc
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Twitter Notifications

I have the same problem. I have 5 old tweets from 2012 that appear in the Hub. I delete them and the same 5 tweets come back no matter how many time I delete them. I deleted and reinstalled the Twitter APP but that didn't help. I set and reset notifications and that doesn't help. Also within the Twitter APP I do not see the little thumbnail photos that I saw with my Torch Twitter APP. Are these OS or APP or HUB problems that BlackBerry is working on? Or is there a fix that I can apply. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam

[ Edited ]

Are you trying to delete @ mentions, or direct messages?

Keep in mind that the Hub will show you both, but you can't delete @ mentions since they are other people's tweets. If you do attempt to delete one through the Hub it will disappear, but since it's not actually deleted it's not surprising that it comes back later.

Now, if you're deleting a Direct Message then that should be gone forever. I suspect that the ability to "delete" @ mentions is a bug in the Hub. It's treating it like a message, which it isn't, and deleting it despite the fact that it can't be deleted.

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

DAC364 wrote:

Agree - just need the full functionality like DM etc - deleted and installed 10.0.0.36. Will report back if problem persists

Out of curiosity, what issues are you having with DMs? They are working great for me.
 :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leblanc
My Carrier: Bell

It looks like I am trying to delete @ mentions in the HUB. Deleting Direct Messages is working well.

I took the advice and deleted all but 1. The other 4 are not coming back.

I assume this is a bug that is being worked on. Good.

Now, the thumbmail photo issue in Twitter. I'll search for that tread. Tks.

BTW, I am not getting any Twitter notifications in my HUB. Is this part of the bug? Another tread?

I have to go into Twitter to see what is happening. I have Notifications set on.

If I am treating this tread wrong, let me know. I'm a newbe.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

leblanc wrote:

BTW, I am not getting any Twitter notifications in my HUB. Is this part of the bug? Another tread?

I have to go into Twitter to see what is happening. I have Notifications set on.

Same issue here..   No Twitter notifications in my HUB, (Yes it's set to "ON" in Hub Management) and I'm also no longer getting e-mail notifications that I always got on my 9900..  I'm assuming that's also being addressed but disappointly wasn't fixed in yesterday's Twitter update..  Hopefully soon..   I should mention that SMS notifications are working but I don't have unlimited txt on my plan and am usually dangerously close to my maximum limiit every month anyway so the last thing I want is to end up paying for Twitter Notifications...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheNoseybonk
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

[ Edited ]

Same here - very annoying.. They are 'mentions' but should disappear from the from the HUB notification list as soon as they are deleted  ......but they don't - they keep on reappearing!!!  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ElizC
My Carrier: vodafone

Me too. Please fix. Driving me mad.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheNoseybonk
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi.. Not sure if you've seen the 'workaround' for now, which is to keep one 'mention' tweet (always the latest one) on the hub list..  This then stops all the previous deleted ones coming back. I'm surprised this issue wasn't address in last software update to be honest.. Great phone overall though.. loving it..

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,745
My Carrier: Verizon

TheNoseybonk, thank you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
echelonokie
My Carrier: ATT

I am having the same issues! I delete the app from the phone and still have a ghost tab in my hub. When I reinstall it, it adds another tab and all my deleted message. First ghost tab still there
Please use plain text.