Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telecom

Two Questions for Members Here

Morning All,

Just a couple of quick questions.

1. How do you copy your contacts from your laptop onto my new Z10. I have tried looking at the new Blackberry Link but cant find where to do it.

2. On my old BB there was an option to change profiles, such as going silent when in a meeting, but on new Z10 cant find it.

If anyone can assist it would be appreciated.

Regards

Ned

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: Two Questions for Members Here

There are other threads on syncing with outlook and others on Contacts. Check them out for #1

#2 Quick way to do it:

Swipe down and select the 'Notifications' word

If currently set to 'normal' select 'silent'

close notifications

Now when you want to switch between Normal and Silent, swipe down and touch the 'Notifications' icon. It will toggle between the two settings without having to go into the setting screen.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Like the previous post indicated there are various solutions to get your contacts to your z10.  For me I am waiting for the outlook usb sync to be added to BB link.. They announced it but who knows when it will be out.   In the meantime if you don't use cloud or other online service, You can forward your contacts as .Vcard via email and when you click on it in the z10, gives you option to save contact.  This is my temporary solution that I am using for the time being. All my 1200 contacts were transfered when I switched from 9810..

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

taylor-tomt wrote:

There are other threads on syncing with outlook and others on Contacts. Check them out for #1

#2 Quick way to do it:

Swipe down and select the 'Notifications' word

If currently set to 'normal' select 'silent'

close notifications

Now when you want to switch between Normal and Silent, swipe down and touch the 'Notifications' icon. It will toggle between the two settings without having to go into the setting screen.

An even faster way to do this is to swipe down (from the home screen or hub) and tap the icon beside the word notifications. This toggles the Silent mode on (icon lights up blue) and off (icon is not lit.) It will toggle between normal mode and whatever other mode you have set in notifications. i.e. if you chose "Phone Calls Only" mode from the notifications settings this button will now toggle between "Phone Calls Only" and "Normal", if you chose silent, then this will toggle between "Silent" and "normal", and so on... Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy