Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
llbhackett
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: koodo

UNABLE TO PLAY DOWNLOADED Media

i just downloaded two songs from bb world and when i try to play it it says unable to play because of an unsupported media format. wouldnt you think that a blackberry application would download an mp3 and allow it to play on its native device ?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: UNABLE TO PLAY DOWNLOADED Media

Hey llbhackett,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Are you able to play the media files through the computer if you connect the BlackBerry Z10?  Also have you tried playing any videos or any other audio files?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Rewca
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: UNABLE TO PLAY DOWNLOADED Media

I am having the same problem. I purchased an entire album on App World and only some of the songs downloaded.

I have no media card in the phone and have the "Save to Media" enabled/on, Tried both on and off, Didnt make a difference.

I have downloaded the album as a whole, each song seperate and tried from many different screens in app world. I have seen each song down load to the 10 or 11 MB each etc however only a few stick and the rest show as only 1 KB.

When i watch each song download and press the OPEN button it says: Cannot find file "/accounts/1000/shared/folder/file.mp3"

the four or five random songs that do manage to stick each time i download the entire album do show as the appropiate 10 or 11 MB and rest obviously 1 KB.

I also tried to open the BB App World on my computer (Has BB Link installed as of 3 days ago) and when I use the cable it asks for a device password that I never set, and is nothing that i can think of with no option to reset. Why is this new phone so difficult to use?

Please help as I do want to purchase a few other albums however am losing paitence trying to get one album and am sure my internet provider is going to see the same album of over 100MB downloaded at lease 10 times!

PLEASE HELP!

Please use plain text.