Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
IncoChief
My Device: Z 10
Accepted Solution

Unable to Delete Voice Mail Notification

Got voice mail and then went to delete it but it won't go away. This is my second Z 10 and the problem still exists. Tried removing battery but that didn't work. I hope I don't have to use the swipe feature and start all over. Any advice out there.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Re: Unable to Delete Voice Mail Notification

I have always had this issue with my Rogers voicemail.. I have learned to ignore that indicator over the past few years. :smileywink:

If it really bothers you, call Rogers BlackBerry trained technical support team so that they can provide you with a resolution, or get them to escalate you to BlackBerry support if they cannot figure it out themselves. Always get the names of the people you talk to and ask for an incident/ticket number.. this helps them to pay attention just a little bit better. If they won't up you when they can't figure it out, ask for their supervisor.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IncoChief

Some progress was made - I hope. Talking with Rogers Support for over an hour yesterday eventually made the message go away. Had to delete account, take out SIM card and reboot. Then card back in and reboot and it has gone away. Reset voice mail and it's still gone - almost.

In sleep mode there still exists an icon for VM. That did not go away, but I guess it was too much to expect that we would get it totally resolved. Thanks to John for getting me this far. Now will have to wait for VM and see if it does it again. Maybe I better call myself and try it out...:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IncoChief

Houston - we have a go. The problem has been resolved - totally. The steps taken yesterday worked and today when I got a voice mail, it complied and deleted my request and no evidence left behind - anywhere. :Clap: Even on the opening page when in sleep mode. Gone! So if anyone else has had this problem, the steps we took worked and you may have to get your provider involved to first delete your account and then reset it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ca1879
My Device: PB 2.0, Z10

Great! Now I just have to convince myself to spend an hour on the phone with Rogers support. Maybe a stuck VM notice isn't so bad...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IncoChief

Too funny - but hey I did all the groundwork so it should be much faster. Call TS have them pull VM - pull out Sim card and reboot and then go back and insert and have them reinstall. It's a process.:Innocent:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IncoChief

Okay I have a confession to make. The original problem of having a voice mail notification remaining did get solved.

However on the Sleep Screen it still shows that there is one message. When I go to the Hub it isn't there and there are no notifications, but it remains on the sleep screen. Not sure there is a cure for that, so I have learned to live with it.:Surrender:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mshor

I am on Verizon, and I have had the notification for 3 weeks. I removed the battery, removed the SIM card and put the battery back in, after it restarted i removed the battery, reinstalled the SIM card and put the battery back in. When it restarted the VM notification was gone. There was still the icon on the lock screen, I left a VM, and when I retrieved and deleted the VM the icon was gone.

And i didn't  have to call Verizon support. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
darkdyu

Something worked for me and hopefully will to everyone else. In the hub you can select multiple notifications to delete but with this voicemail glitch the delete button stays grey(can't press). Here's what you do, call yourself from you're phone just like to get to voicemail, hang up (just make sure the call appears in you're log) then in the Hub select the voicemail notification and your phone log, delete option should be available.

IF THIS WORKS PLEASE PASS IT AROUND.

Please use plain text.
craigah
My Device: Q-10

The easy way to delete voice mail message is to listen to the voice mail and use the delete option -press 7- instruction at the end of the message.

Please use plain text.