Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Stumouse
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Unable to add email accounts to Z10

Having read this thread, I'm still unclear how to resolve this problem.

I've just switched phones from Torch to Z10... phone / texts etc working fine, but can't add my (work related) email accounts. I am however, still receiving all emails to my old phone.

So, do I need to delete the emails accounts from the old phone first... or is it a server issue within my work, or is it a 'Bolt'!

T-Mobile have been useless, having spoke to 4 different people in the call centre today, none of them have been able to help.

Can any of you?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Stumouse wrote:

Having read this thread, I'm still unclear how to resolve this problem.

Let's see what we can do...

Stumouse wrote:

I've just switched phones from Torch to Z10... phone / texts etc working fine, but can't add my (work related) email accounts. I am however, still receiving all emails to my old phone.

So, do I need to delete the emails accounts from the old phone first... or is it a server issue within my work, or is it a 'Bolt'!

There should be no need to delete anything from your old device...each functions (simplified) like an independent email client. Typically, you can have several clients all accessing the same mailbox, only limited by whatever restrictions may exist on the mailbox, which would be controlled by the server administrator. So, there are some questions that must be answered:

1. These email accounts -- are they BES? If so, then you need to work with the BES admin to integrate them to the Z10.
  2. If not BES, then are they OWA? If so, then you need to work with the OWA admin and get them to enable EAS. OWA email accounts cannot integrate to BB10, but OWA servers can typically have EAS activated on them quite simply, and EAS can then integrate to the Z10.
  3. If not OWA, are they POP or IMAP? If so, then they should integrate to the Z10 just fine (unless the admin has placed restrictions on the number of clients that can be simultaneously attached to the mailbox).
  4. If not POP or IMAP -- well, there's really nothing left...

So, if none of the above help get this working, then it becomes yet another question -- what happens when you try? All you say is "can't add"...but some more symptom description might help in determining what's going wrong.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Borua
My Carrier: STL 100-2

Hi sdgardne, I am having the same trouble when adding my company acc to Z10. I added gmail and yahoo mail successful but could not add any others. They are all IMAP. Their server is Gmail, which I usually use in my outlook or login by web mail, and I confuse when adding detail information as below: - username: (I added the same email address) - email address: added - pass - server address: gmail.com - port: 993 - encrytion: SSL or Off - SMTP address: smtp.gmail.com - SMTP port: 465 Pls help me to fix that erros. Tks a lot.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Borua wrote:
Hi sdgardne, I am having the same trouble when adding my company acc to Z10. I added gmail and yahoo mail successful but could not add any others. They are all IMAP. Their server is Gmail, which I usually use in my outlook or login by web mail, and I confuse when adding detail information as below: - username: (I added the same email address) - email address: added - pass - server address: gmail.com - port: 993 - encrytion: SSL or Off - SMTP address: smtp.gmail.com - SMTP port: 465 Pls help me to fix that erros. Tks a lot.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You did not state clearly exactly what your "company acc" is...you say it's gmail, but you don't say if it's Google Apps Gmail (e.g., a custom email domain, hosted by Google, but using your own company.com domain instead of gmail.com). So, I'll guess that it's indeed such a private domain, hosted via Google Apps. As such, this likely applies:

• KB33472 How to integrate a Google Apps email account using Microsoft ActiveSync

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dallyd31
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

RaulRodriguezR wrote:

Hello:

I just had the same issue, and called my carrier (Telus) and was able to get support to fix it.  It turns out that the Z10, being in a 4GL network, when setting up a new POP account, it requires the use of the SMTP server of the carrier, as opposed to the SMTP server of the e-mail service.  As soon as I changed the SMTP server to SMTP.telus.net it started working.

With my old Blackberry Bold, being on a 3GL network, this was not an issue, and I used to be able to use the SMTP server of my e-mail service.

I hope it helps,

The issue with this is that you cannot get email when you go on wifi with this workaround.  Also, from my understanding, you cannot get email when out oft he service providers area ( telus, rogers etc).  And as asomeone who travels frequently, this isn't acceptable.

I am trying to find a solution as well.  I have input smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com in the smtp outgoing server and it works...unless I want to go on wifi.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Borua
My Carrier: STL 100-2

Thank sdgardne for your supporting. My company acc is ***@abc.xyz hosted by Google. I tried as your instruction but unsuccessful and It said that "Service for acc ...is not available. Access should be available soon. [Error code: 403]". Pls tell me what happened with my company acc and what should I do continue. Thank you so much.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Stumouse
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I am now up and running, with my three work email address. EAS was already enabled, but some of the information I added into the 'Advanced settings' was slightly different from the previous phone... such as the Server address, which didn't need /OWA after it.

So make sure that the details are absolutely correct, as these little details made all the different.

Plus it wouldn't connect on Wifi, so once this was turned off, it was all good.

Now all I need to do is sort out the Syncing of Outlook Contacts and Calendar, which I understand the Link Software doesn't do at the moment.

Plus... the option of deleting emails off the handheld only or both outlook and handheld, doesn't appear to be a feature now either...!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Borua wrote:
Thank sdgardne for your supporting. My company acc is ***@abc.xyz hosted by Google. I tried as your instruction but unsuccessful and It said that "Service for acc ...is not available. Access should be available soon. [Error code: 403]". Pls tell me what happened with my company acc and what should I do continue. Thank you so much.

This KB might be useful:

• KB31297 Error Code: 403 "Access should be available soon" when trying to add an Active Sync account to the BlackBerry PlayBook

While it states for PlayBook, the email methods of PB and BB10 devices is very similar, so it might be useful.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Stumouse wrote:

I am now up and running, with my three work email address. EAS was already enabled, but some of the information I added into the 'Advanced settings' was slightly different from the previous phone... such as the Server address, which didn't need /OWA after it.

So make sure that the details are absolutely correct, as these little details made all the different.

Plus it wouldn't connect on Wifi, so once this was turned off, it was all good.

Excellent!

Stumouse wrote:

Now all I need to do is sort out the Syncing of Outlook Contacts and Calendar, which I understand the Link Software doesn't do at the moment.

Plus... the option of deleting emails off the handheld only or both outlook and handheld, doesn't appear to be a feature now either...!!

Yup...both of those topics already have extremely long threads discussing them...pointless discussions IMHO, since no one here can actually change those things. We all are hoping that BB is listening and will provide new functions and features as the OS evolves.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
M2rocks
My Carrier: T Mobile

Got the Z10 last night and spent hours trying to get email working. I did get on with Blackberry support today and they figured it out, so thanks for that!

I have a hosted email address for my own company. It is hosted through Aplus.

A few tips:

-Use the server address and smtp address provided by your hosting company.  My hosting company and Outlook call this incoming mail server and outgoing (SMTP) mail server. BB calls it "server address" and "smtp address". For me this was mail.mydomain.com. For some people it might be smtp.yourdomain.com.

-The ports recommended by my hosting co wouldn't work - even though they work on every other device I have loaded this email onto. Try 993 for the port for the "Server address" and select SSL (even though I don't have SSL...)

For the SMTP Port use 25 (again, not what my hosting company has me use anywhere else) and select "StartTLS" from the pulldown menu for SMTP Encryption.

In general, I would say this is counterintuitive (because the settings for the z10 are not the same as the settings for any other device or interface I have), but it did work for me and I have email now.  Kudos to BB tech support for figuring it out. Too bad for BB corporate that they think it is ok for a business owner to spend hours setting up email.

Please use plain text.