Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
tskibinski
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Unable to back-up Z10 / Back-up crashes almost instantly

I haven't seen any new posts on the back-up issue in awhile and hope maybe there has been a break through?  Since the day I received my Z10 on July 20th I've been able to complete back-up only twice.  Last time was mid September.  In September back-up only succeeded after numerous and continuous tries getting maybe 60% through then crashing but finally making it once.  Now it crashes immediately every time.  I would think this would be one of the most basic feature  requirements of any enterprise smart phone right after the phone part and the data part.  I'm running on borrowed time so hopefully there is a fix.  Other than this I'm 100% happy with the product.  Help!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Unable to back-up Z10 / Back-up crashes almost instantly

Sounds like it could be computer related, uninstall BlackBerry link then reinstall.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tskibinski
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unable to back-up Z10 / Back-up crashes almost instantly

Thanks for the recommendation.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the BBL using your link.  The Back-up still failed after around 3%.  I changed cables and switched USB ports with no improvement.  I disabled the Application back-up and was was able to get through 94% of the back-up of just Media & Settings but the back-up crashed transitioning from Media to Settings after Media was complete. 

I was able to back-up Media by itself on the first try.   I then tried to back-up Settings only and after 3 tries I was able to succeed with the 1st two crashing pretty quick.  I then tried to back-up Applications by itself and after 10 tries the furthest the back-up went was 13% but mostly failed immediately or at 2-3%.  I also rebooted my device to make sure no applications were running.  The only Apps I've ever installed are the flashlight, password keeper, verizon contact back-up, Google Maps, and check-in for airline tickets.  Pretty boring I know.

Does backing up the different databases individually have the same effect as all at once in terms of needing to reload the back-up daga in case I lost everything?

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Please use plain text.