Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

veenabb10
My Device: Blackberry z10 (STL100-2)

Unable to download the Blackberry z10 software upgrade

I have literally tried everything! I have the OS version 10.0.9.2372. Whenever I check for updates, i get an update that i have the latest OS version. Since my software is not updated as yet, I am unable to download Whatsapp. I have checked with the Service Provider (DU in my country) and they have told me that it has nothing to do with them....Is anyone else facing the same issue?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
obertaud
My Device: Z10

Re: Unable to download the Blackberry z10 software upgrade

Yes, I face the same issue. I have tried sevral times the crackberry method to get the update (sim removed) but it keeps saying that I have the latest. I think it might be because my phone is simlocked (Orange France). I'll try today to have the phone unlocked and will let you know.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
garryarora30
My Device: z10

any luck guys? because im having the same problem..and i've also unlocked the phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
obertaud
My Device: Z10

Well, here is the situation: I unlocked the phone this morning, tried the crackberry procedure without luck.

Then I went to buy a prepaid SIM card from an operator who pushed the update and did the update over the air, 148Mo, it took 30mn to complete and now I have 10.0.10.90. A lot of sweat, I hope the result will be up to expectations.

Please use plain text.
andykk
My Device: z10

So are you implying that the software update is:

1. Irregardless of the original carrier.

2. As long as the phone is unlocked, you can use other SIM card, presumably a different carrier that has the latest software update, to upgrade Z10.

Can you tell me which carrier that you have used to upgrade your Z10? Many thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.