Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
SudhakarJ
My Device: Z10

Unable to hear caller and send voice across

Dear Team:

Just got a Z10; i am having a strange issue and could not find something similar on the forum

When i call, the receiver hears my call coming in; however i cannt hear the call going through. Similarly when someone calls me, the screen shows the caller but there is no ringtone and when i take the call, cannoyt hear the party

Only way to solve is to switch off and reboot which takes forever; this is really frustrating

I was about to migrate to Windows8 or iPhone from my earlier BB but stayed back due to Z10

I now have this issue; can someone please help solve this for me please

sj

Forums Advisor III
drewread

Re: Unable to hear caller and send voice across

Not hearing notifications sounds like it may be this KB issue. The fix for which right now is pulling the battery or doing a reset (hold top button and chose restart.)

I have only noticed one other report of the speaker / microphone issues on this forum here..

I suggest calling your carrier for support, you may need to use a landline of course. :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
SudhakarJ

This is gettomng extremely frustrating and excruciatingly painful. The caller on the other side can hear me but i am unable to hear him/her and also no sound for any notifications including incoming calls

How many times do i restart and reboot

How on earth can a product be released with such a bug! BB is doomed and if this is not resolved soon enouggh; i am dumping this and migrating to iPhone or W8

also will go to town and alert the markets on these serious deficiencies

Is this a specific device issue and am i just singularly unlucky; but looks like this is an issue for many buyers

BB Dev Team: Please revert as patience is fast running out

Regards

sj

Ahmad2463

Exactly the same problem here.

Dont expect any solution from the guys here, they will only tell you to take the battery out or do a reset. It dosnt work, the problem is there until it get resolved by an update.

New Contributor
SudhakarJ

Thanx my friend...

any updates if a patch will be available soon...cant carry on like this...

how can a product be relased with such a BIG BUG...unbelievabale...they are doomed if they dont sort this and it is pretty pricey too!

also this confirms that it applies to al devices out there and no point changing devices...ami i right?

Regards

sj

Ahmad2463

Dear Sudhakar,

I dont know when they will release a patch for this problem.

two of my friends have the same problem, i dont think its a hardware issue, so you and I are not the only ones.

I do like the phone, and i hope i can use it, but now with this problem.

the only think we can do now is wait.

Regards,

Ahmad

New Contributor
SudhakarJ

HI Ahmad: Salaam Aaleikum!

I wonder of this is geo specific. I live in Mumbai but travel across. My friend bought this in Dubai and sent it to me...looks like these pieces are made in Mexico

wonder if all releases have this issue...

how do we get this to the dev assn notice so a patch is released. i agree that it is a decent device but this issue is just unacceptable!

Thanx buddy and let us push for a solution and hopefully the wait is not too long

Regards

sj

New Contributor
kim1982
My Device: blackberry z10

i posted this same issue last night ! its driving me mad now

New Contributor
SudhakarJ

hi kim:

this is not a carrier issue. the caller at the other end will hear you. you wont hear the phone ring or any notifications

it is bloody frustrating and all you can do is reboot and the BB OS takes forever to start over

it is indeed a huge flaw...are you in asia or lesewhere

let us get the dev ctee to take notice to fix this asap; it is a decent device but this is unacceptable 

thanx

sj

Forums Advisor III
drewread

SudhakarJ wrote:

hi kim:

this is not a carrier issue. the caller at the other end will hear you. you wont hear the phone ring or any notifications

it is bloody frustrating and all you can do is reboot and the BB OS takes forever to start over

it is indeed a huge flaw...are you in asia or lesewhere

let us get the dev ctee to take notice to fix this asap; it is a decent device but this is unacceptable 

thanx

sj

Hi all,

There seem to be a number of you with this issue, have any of you called your carriers to report the issue? It is possible that you have defective hardware, or that there is a bug that needs to be fixed. If it is hardware you'll want that swapped out as soon as you can so you don't end up with any warranty issues!

This forum is a user to user forum, community helping community, not an official support channel. The process to receive official support from Blackberry is to contact your carrier (they are the first contact centre) and if they cannot resolve the issue then you will be upped to Blackberry support (this is Level 2 support and onwards.)

If the carrier can't help you and they don't initiate a transfer to Blackberry, you should ask them to transfer you there. Some carrier agents are a little foggy on the process for some reason, so if at first you don't succeed... try again and another agent will transfer you through.

Unfortunately complaining here probably won't solve your issue... :smileyvery-happy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy: