Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ajaffarali
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to send Calendar invites

I've set up my Google Apps using the ActiveSync method and while everything is syncing, I cannot seem to send out Calender invites. I get the message that "This calendar does not support participants"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mfarmilo
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Unable to send Calendar invites

Aha - I was just looking for any info on this myself ! I saw a suggestion to use Activesync to get Gmail calendar to be recognised properly - which worked apparently, but I notice that I can't add participants, which I've done occasionally in the past. I don't know, this OS 10 seems to have been very poorly thought out. Things that 'just worked' on my old Torch are either really complicated to set up on this, or don't work at all, or 'work sometimes'. The thing feels like a work in progress, as though the developers had to give in & let them ship it when it was still only three quarters done.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mndb369
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Have you found a solution?  I can't even Accept someone else's invite.  I went to the ActiveSync to solve the Calendar issue.  I might switch back to regular Email, contacts and hope the Calendar works.  I lose all other folder functions, task, memos, etc.  My 9900 was never a problem like this.  Not happy!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

This has been going on for a long time, pretty much since the PlayBook native PIM apps came out. I don't remember ever being able to send an invite. It's been mentioned I don't know how many times and brought up on the forums numerous times. 

A workaround that I found used to work and probably still does (I haven't tried since I got my Z10) was that you could invite someone via the Google Calendar web interface and that worked, and then that would be pushed down to the device so that it links it.

Hopefully the dev team gets their $#!* together and adds or fixes these pretty basic funtions in the PIM apps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
8675-30-9
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

I am in the same boat.  We are on Enterprise Server and I can't figure out how to add any additional "Attendees" to existing scheduled meetings from my BB Z10.     Someone please help!! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gtatech
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Wow 6 months in and still no fix. I thought having an enterprise server would fix the problem but there isn't a Google apps connector yet for bb10. Bb7 email calendar and contacts were bulletproof. We got the reformatted code from the PlayBook no wonder why my client traded in his BlackBerry 10 for a different device. Which is not an answer after being a blackberry user since the very beginning.
Please use plain text.