Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, Z10

Unable to update device software through Blackberry Link

I've updated to the latest software (10.2.1.537) 2 days ago and my Bluetooth service is no longer enabled.  It says it was disabled by the administrator and I have no idea why.  This is not a corporate phone.  So I decided to reload the device software through Blackberry Link.  It gets to 98% while downloading software and I get an error saying there was an error downloading the software.  Please try again later ... or something like that.  I've tried this 4 times and it always fails at 98%.  Can anyone tell how to correct this?  I really need my Bluetooth service back.  It was working fine before the latest update.  I've been a loyal blackberry user almost since it's conception ... but this is absolute **bleep**!!!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Unable to update device software through Blackberry Link

Hello,

Interesting...oddly interesting. I'd suggest you instead use the AutoLoader method of installing the BB10 OS you desire:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, Z10

Re: Unable to update device software through Blackberry Link

[ Edited ]

Thank you! That worked however I did loose about 1 year worth of contacts as the backup I took of 10.2.1.537 was not compatible with10.2.0.429 from the Autoloader.  I guess this would be partly my fault in putting too much trust into Blackberry.  Never again!  Thanks again.