Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
atsg
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Idea

Unable to update to latest BB10 OS version, WhatsApp installation issues

Hi ppl..

* I am in India and am unable to update my z10 to the latest software.

* I want to install WhatsApp and it gives "installation error" after downloading the app on BB World.

* I read on forums that I need to update my BBOS to the latest version before I can install WhatsApp.

So here is what all I have tried uptil now:

1. Downloaded Whatsapp from BBWorld: downloaded fine, but failed to install.

2. Settings > Update Software > OS version: 10.0.10.58. After check for update, it says: You have the latest version. So failed here as well.

3. Tried to update using BB.Link > Reload Device Software. Failed. gives error "can not repair due to error (null)" and nothing happens except the green LED ligt on the z10 staring at me.

How should I update the release version from 10.0.10.58 to the latest?

What is the latest release version anyways?

Thanks all

Atul

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
RoundBrown
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry 9360

Re: Unable to update to latest BB10 OS version, WhatsApp installation issues

Hello Astg,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Take a look at this article regarding Unable to install WhatsApp on the BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone. As mentioned in the article the software that is available for your device is dependent on your service provider. Could you please send me your PIN, Carrier and device software that you using via direct message so I can take a look into your services for you.

Please let us know.

-RoundBrown

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
spaniolo
My Device: Z10- Torch 9810 (with OS Neo Prime hybrid) - Torch 9800- Playbook- Fire Kindle HD- Galaxy S3
My Carrier: T-mobile

I have the same problem. I bought an unlocked z10 stl100-1 with version OS 10.0.10.261 pin 24e81ff1 I use T-mobile sim card from USA and I cannot update to 10.0.10.648 or install whatsapp.

since you are a blackberry developer... I need to get rid of the games app in z10 it locked the permission to BBm and everything else. Help please. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

spaniolo wrote:
I have the same problem. I bought an unlocked z10 stl100-1 with version OS 10.0.10.261 pin 24e81ff1 I use T-mobile sim card from USA and I cannot update to 10.0.10.648 or install whatsapp.

Tmobile USA has not yet released the device, but I do know friends here on Tmobile USA have received OTA OS upgrades.

There are workarounds for this if you are not getting the notification.

Try this:

1. Disconnect the Z10 from your USB connection to the PC and close Link.
  2. Open the rear of the Z10 and remove the SIM card (not the media card).
  3. Open a PC browser and reconnect the Z10 to your PC.
  4. In the PC browser, type in the URL: www.blackberry.com/upgrades
  5. Scroll down and click on Check for Upgrades. **If your Z10 is off at this point, now try pressing and holding the top edge power button for 10 seconds to power up the Z10, or to allow the desktop to recognize the Z10 is connected.
  6. If the Z10 is recognized, and there is an update available for you, you will be asked if you want to upgrade.
  7. Proceed with the upgrade, could take anywhere from one to two hours according to your device data, etc., and data speed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
spaniolo
My Device: Z10- Torch 9810 (with OS Neo Prime hybrid) - Torch 9800- Playbook- Fire Kindle HD- Galaxy S3

Thanks, I will try that. How about the issue with native games application taking over the permissions for BBM? can you help with that? many people with that issue. Thanks
Please use plain text.
JSanders

spaniolo wrote:
 How about the issue with native games application taking over the permissions for BBM? can you help with that? many people with that issue. Thanks

What about it, I read your post above and this, and I don't know what you're asking... it took over permissions. And what happens?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
spaniolo

the games app locked the permissions for BBM to invite, update etc. under security application permissions it is not possible to change the permissions for BBM to off as the y are grey out. not cool.

I don't really need this app in my device anyways as it is intended for business. I should be allowed to get rid of it uninstalling it. but if not at least the user needs to be in control not the app. Can you help correct this? thank you.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
StelGnD
My Device: z10
My Carrier: EE(UK)

hi guys.

I got my z10 in the uk(unlocked)

I wasnt even able to download whatsapp at the first place and now i see there is an update?

I tried to enter the appworld website and follow the download link from there but when redirected to my appworld it said that "thia app is unavailable to this device"???

what's going on ?pls help!!

Please use plain text.
JSanders

spaniolo wrote:
the games app locked the permissions for BBM to invite, update etc. under security application permissions it is not possible to change the permissions for BBM to off as the y are grey out. not cool.

I don't really need this app in my device anyways as it is intended for business. I should be allowed to get rid of it uninstalling it. but if not at least the user needs to be in control not the app. Can you help correct this? thank you.

Ok.

How is your Z10 harmed or disabled by having these permission settings.. how does it affect you?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

StelGnD wrote:

hi guys.

I got my z10 in the uk(unlocked)

I wasnt even able to download whatsapp at the first place and now i see there is an update?

I tried to enter the appworld website and follow the download link from there but when redirected to my appworld it said that "thia app is unavailable to this device"???

what's going on ?pls help!!

Where are you located, in what part of the UK?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.