Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
MissKitten
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2

Uninstalling Watsapp seems to have corrupted my pics! Cant view pics on media Card...

[ Edited ]

OK, so watsapp went mental, despite doing several battery pulls it remained crazy. So, of course, the next step would be to delete and reinstall. So I deleted the app. I now find that I cannot open all the pictures on my media card :/ It takes ages to index and though the pics are definately there (file manager showing % of memory card free) I cant get to them. I cant pick up from the PC either - blackberry link isnt picking up anything on my card OR device...(however it HAS taken off 16 random pics and put into a folder in my documents; which incidentally, I cant seem to restore to my z10).

Now I know what you're thinking; memory card has somehow been corrupted right? Well...No because I can view ALL my videos, music and 352 pictures (about 510 are inaccessible). I know it cant be the card as the pictures i can see are a complete mix match of dates from 2009 to present but all randomly mixed up :/

I have re-installed watsapp and all convos have backed up...

I have the latest softwarre so its not that. I can access everything on the card from PC but cant get them over into the link :/ WHY did BB have to make it like it has? (If it aint broke dont fix it!) The software was ace, you could just drag and drop. There is no 'restore' option or anything on my BB link.

I am going to do the obvious - battery pull again. If no joy then rebook with no sim. Still no joy Reboot with no media card. I dont know what else to do.

If I format the card will I lose all the pictures on it? I cant backup to the link either - there is no option :/

Can anyone help me? PLEASE :Wacko:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Uninstalling Watsapp seems to have corrupted my pics! Cant view pics on media Card...

Hey MissKitten,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Just to clarify, you are not able to view the contents of the media card on your PC as well? (Not through BlackBerry Desktop Software but through My Computer).

I would suggest formatting the SD card, however formatting the SD card will erase all data.  So I would attempt to back it up if possible.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.