Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10 • Z30 • PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 Network UK

Unreliable scrolling in "About" text in browser

On the Z10, I wanted to read the "About" section for the browser. When I start the browser, bring up the settings menu and then click on "About", scrolling is unreliable. By "unreliable", I mean it doesn't always scroll. Sometimes I have to repeat the gesture (scrolling slowly) five or more times.

I want to read the "About" section for the browser word for word, but haven't been able to due to this issue.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Unreliable scrolling in "About" text in browser

You probably just need a bit more practice. Since it is a new device you haven't found the sweet spot just yet. Now we are talking about your phone!
Contributor
My Device: Z10 • Z30 • PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 Network UK

No. There's definitely an issue, and it has nothing to do with finding a "sweet spot". It's very easy to reproduce. I can create a video and upload it to YouTube if it helps?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I just duplicated the issue. I don't have an answer, though. Only that I can duplicate it so it's not just your device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

And, actually to take it one step further, the entire screen becomes unresponsive. The back key won't work either until you tap it a few times.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!