Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
GeraldoGoes
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
Accepted Solution

Unresponsive screen

I have everything that I can... security wipe, hard reseted, reloaded software and restored it lots and lots of times but it can't seem to fix the problem, the lower part of the screen won't answer to tapping and cancels swipe up gestures, should I get a replacement? I'm from Brazil, I might get it

Forums Advisor I
arthur72
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.2.1.3175), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: Unresponsive screen

Hello Geraldo

What is your Z10 OS version? With 10.2.1 version,  the gesture is much more smoother. If you didn't have that version yet, try to update it (depends on your carrier, whether they have released it or not yet).

If still persist, you can claim the warranty.

One more thing, if you want to restore your data after OS reload, choose the most important data only i.e. your contacts to avoid any corrupt program/apps during backup and restore process.

Cheers and good luck.

Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

GeraldoGoes wrote:

I have everything that I can... security wipe, hard reseted, reloaded software and restored it lots and lots of times but it can't seem to fix the problem, the lower part of the screen won't answer to tapping and cancels swipe up gestures, should I get a replacement? I'm from Brazil, I might get it

Hello,

Which way the lower part of the screen is unresponsive? Portrait mode or Landscape? 

New Contributor
GeraldoGoes

In portraid mode
New Contributor
GeraldoGoes

I'm running 10.2.1.1925, I've security wiped my phone and restored it but didn't fix...
Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

GeraldoGoes wrote:
I'm running 10.2.1.1925, I've security wiped my phone and restored it but didn't fix...

Did it work before the upgrade?

New Contributor
GeraldoGoes

when I first got the phone, it was fine, but then it began not to respond to the gesture, I did several software reloads and some of them fixed it for a few days, it worked properly last week, but before that it already had this problem, I guess 10.2.1 fixed it for a while...
Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120

GeraldoGoes wrote:
when I first got the phone, it was fine, but then it began not to respond to the gesture, I did several software reloads and some of them fixed it for a few days, it worked properly last week, but before that it already had this problem, I guess 10.2.1 fixed it for a while...

ok....try this: in portrait mode mark the area that is not responsive. Then turn the phone in landscape mode and try out the area you marked while the phone was in portrait mode.

If the display is non responsive  in the same area regardless of how you hold the phone then you may have a problem with your digitizer. If you still have warranty on the phone, I suggest now is the time to use it 

New Contributor
GeraldoGoes

I think I have that problem with the digitizer, I'll use the warranty right now... contacting Blackberry support
Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120

GeraldoGoes wrote:
I think I have that problem with the digitizer, I'll use the warranty right now... contacting Blackberry support

Good luck!