Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

Unsupported Media Format after Update

I've just done the latest update and have a really strange problem, i'm not after a fix but wondered if anyone might have an idea.

Since doing the latest update when I have a headset plugged in while trying to play either music or films i get the error "This file contains an unsupported media format" when I unplug the headset it works ok with no errors, it even works with a bottom end cheap headset, but refuses to work with the ones I have been using with it for the last 3 months. The headset isn't faulty as it works with everything else i have tried it on.

Ok, a little bit more info to confuse the matter. and it's the voulme display that gives the pointer.

With an Apple headset plugged in it works ok, the Volume buttlons on side show "Headphone Volume"

With My headset it doesn't work, the Volume buttlons on side show "Headset Volume"

If i plug a 3.5 mm extension in with either headset it works, the Volume buttlons on side show "Line out Volume"

So i wonder how it know what is plugged into the port.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 4G LTE 32GB
My Carrier: None

Re: Unsupported Media Format after Update

Whatever the issue is, it's still present as of today.  I just discovered this problem on my Q10 trying to plug in headphones for the first time.

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: ATT Wireless

Still a problem today for me as well. The files play fine using the stock media player and over BT connection to my car head unit. It also plays fine over my BB ear buds however when I plugged in a set of external speakers through the earphone jack I get the unsupported media format message. I can't believe that there is still no fix for this over four months after the original post.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I'm getting the same problem as described above on my Z10.

I'm wondering if there's a place where we can track a specific bug report.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Was any fix to this found?

I'm having the same issue with my Q10. I've reset it to factory default, and still am recieving the unsupported media message when using the headphones (not when playing the music through the speaker)