Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Update problem

I received an update for an app i have and everytime i tap update it starts downloading and installing and it says update again. I know the app was not updated because the version is still the same.

any thoughts??

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: Update problem

List the name of the app so that someone can identify the issuee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Genericaly speaking:

With Blackberry phones the Blackberry ID has to be properly signed in to for updates and installs to work. With phones that were unlocked to work on a different carrier there could be issues for updates because the factory base firmware in the uPC system of the phone is looking for specific parameters from the original carrier. If these are not met some functions may not work properly. This is something I have seen a number of times. That is why I prefer to buy my phone from the carrier I will be using it with.

Jerry G.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

my phone was factory unlocked but all the apps i downloaded with AT&T and no problems. now i have a Z10 i bought locked to AT&T and i have this problem. the app is ESPN score center.

another weird something is when i check BBM it says that it is not available for this device.