Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Update to BlackBerry Link available for PCs, 1.0.1.11

Just inquired with Bell if there was a new update for BlackBerry Link -- may I pass on a reminder to BlackBerry  to put the notice out there...  perhaps I just missed it.  Possibly this is the Outlook syncing feature people have been talking about...

I had to call Bell to figure out how to download the Update -- they told me to go to ca.blackberry.com/ and babysat me through it -- you have to go to that main page, then click on Software at the top, then go down the page to the section on BlackBerry Link for OS 10, and click on the line "learn more about BlackBerry Link" and when on that page, click the button for Download for PC or Download for Mac...  mine went smoothly.  My Z10 was on at the time, connected to cellular and to the resident house WiFi, not connected to the computer but just sitting on a table nearby, and some kind of communication between the two I believe took place, what I don't know, or perhaps it was over the clouds... 

Hint to BlackBerry:  Maybe a line on the Link software itself as to how and where to update it?  And some kind of thing on the web such as "Check for latest update for Link software"  "How to update your Link Software" -- maybe those two exercises could be combined....  but the latest version number should be publicized on the BlackBerry websites, folks....  also don't hide the procedure away so effectively!!

Regular Contributor

Re: Update to BlackBerry Link available for PCs, 1.0.1.11

Extra note: I find it terribly important for BlackBerry to make it clear and easy where to update Link and how, and that you update it by downloading it again, the process takes care of itself... but it should be clear-for-dummies what the new version number is, and where and how to update it. Especially to solve syncing issues, right?!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

janetnewuser wrote:
Extra note: I find it terribly important for BlackBerry to make it clear and easy where to update Link and how, and that you update it by downloading it again, the process takes care of itself... but it should be clear-for-dummies what the new version number is, and where and how to update it. Especially to solve syncing issues, right?!

I am using Link 1.1.1.32

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Regular Contributor

OOPS, I GUESS THIS IS THE VERSION I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED ABOVE, I USED THE OLD NUMBER INSTEAD...

YES, YOU ARE RIGHT, AND MY VERSION IS ALSO 1.1.1.32

SOMEBODY GOOFED SOMEWHERE -- ME