Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Updated software

Don't these guys test the software before submitting it for us to install? All my contacts and texts have been deleted and had to re-enter details to restart email. Reading through the forums it seems to have happened to a few people. Completely out of order..

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Updated software

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

When you say "GUYS" do you mean your carrier? Because it is your carrier that pushes out OS update.

Also did you preform "Back up" in case of you losing all your contacts?

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Updated software

Hi Rob, my comment was a bit sharp.. thanks for your welcome. I 'd was referring to a Blackberry update and therefore my barbed comment, perhaps misdirected, was in relation to their programmers. To be fair it's the first time it's happened to me but it's still rather inconvenient as some of the texts were important to retain business wise. It's a new phone (.. 3 months) and the backup option is greyed out, which I'll look up to fix, so there is no backup but all my contacts are also in Outlook. I've only myself to blame for not backing up and I think I'll look up a way to store my texts on my PC.. so I don't lose the plot.