Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
WesW
My Device: Z10

Upgrade to 10.1 Z10, battery dead in 2 hours.

I tried the soft reset, I pulled the battery for the hard reset, nothing seems to work.  I close all active frames.  2 hours maximum use.

Does anyone know what is wrong?  Worked perfect until the update.

New Contributor
moonlake15

Re: Upgrade to 10.1 Z10, battery dead in 2 hours.

Mine Has the same issue since the upgrade
New Contributor
fordfreak
My Device: z10

Mine too. Runs super hot too.
Regular Contributor
sk8er_tor
My Device: Not Specified

Initially, as the device populates all your emails, contacts, calendars, etc, it will be working hard and thus will warm up and drain the battery.

How long has this been happening? How long has it been since you updated?

New Contributor
fordfreak

Been two days now. Yesterday was my first full day after update and I was out by midday. Today battery was all out after three hours. No apps running in background. I've had to charge up fully twice today.
New Contributor
moonlake15

I upgraded mine early yesterday morning,  How long should teh Sync take?   the accounts only took a few momnets to sync up when I first added them, Why  should they take 2 days to sync after teh upgrade. ?

Contributor
WesW

Yes it has been three days and everything was synced. I changed the synch times yesterday down to 4 hours as to possibly help with the problem but that did not work either.

New Contributor
moonlake15

I just opened a few of the folders in my e-mail accounts, ( I am usually only in my inbox ) They are empty, and there is a Circled Arrow on the folders, I assume that means they are still syncing, That may be the issue that is killing the battery and causing it to get hot,, But what is then causing the Sync to take so long,
Contributor
Skegg

That's normal for the first few hours I believe. After a day or two use it will be back to normal. It was reported on other forums that the phone has to 're-index'. The first few hours my phone had the same problem. Ever since then it is ok.

New Contributor
fordfreak

I think this being normal for the first few days or so is true. My phone has lasted longer than pre update today. Yesterday was pretty good too.