Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
BAET
My Device: Bold 9900

Using Memos in copy/paste

[ Edited ]

Thank you JSanders. My tasks contains mostly documents that I need to cut and paste into standard emails. Do you have a better suggestion what function I should use instead of tasks?

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Using Memos in copy/paste

[ Edited ]

BAET wrote:

Thank you JSanders. My tasks contains mostly documents that I need to cut and paste into standard emails. Do you have a better suggestion what function I should use instead of tasks?

Tell me how you are using the text of these Tasks, as in repetitive paragraphs or "templates"  you often use in emails to customers or clients?

Can you give me a couple of examples?

I think there will be a couple easy and more productive ways to do this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
BAET
My Device: Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

Hi JSanders,
Thank you for your kindness in helping me. It is mainly a template, telling clients info on their different questions. So when I receive an email asking for type of rooms for our different buildings (we are in a boutique hotel business), I will go to one of the "tasks items" and cut and paste the content into a reply email. Below is an example of the content (sorry, a long example. Just want to let you get a sense. Not relevant to other contributors here:

Just a quick description and reviews of our Guest Houses & 1, 2 & 3-Bedroom Luxurious Condo Suites if you haven’t read it on our website already: “More Than Hotels & B&Bs”. Winner of the 2012 & 2013 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, 2 years in a row since we opened! All of our properties have fully equipped modern elegant kitchens. The kitchens feature granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and modern hardware. Bathrooms with ceramic flooring and sleek fixtures. Hardwood floors and ceramic tiles throughout. Free high-speed wireless internet, digital cable TV, parking, local telephone, and laundry. High quality Egyptian cotton linens and natural down duvets on premium beds. Private patios and decks.

Boardwalk Homes are in the heart of KW, but located in a very quiet residential area with easy access to bus routes, and only minutes from the Universities. All your daily conveniences are a short stroll away. There is The Boardwalk (KW’s largest shopping district http://www.the-boardwalk.ca/tenants/ ) which includes Walmart, Marshalls, Empire Theatres, Lowe’s, Golf Town, Adventure Guide, the Beer Store, lots of restaurants, grocery stores, banks & pharmacies.

Our Guest Houses are professionally designed with modern interiors and furnishings. There is over 3000sqft of living space in each house, with 3+ floors, 4 common/living areas, 5 bathrooms, and a beautiful fireplace. A self-catered breakfast and a welcome fruit basket are provided to our nightly rate hotel style room guests staying 3 nights or more in the guest house, excluding suites or whole house rentals. The 1, 2 and 3 Bedroom Luxurious Condo Suites are completely private, furnished, and with fully equipped modern elegant kitchens. The condos are tucked away on a quiet court, with private patios overlooking mature trees and park.

There are 3 types of hotel style rooms in the Guest Houses: type 1-with private ensuite bath (from $129/night); type 2 - large rooms with semi private bath (from $89/night); and type 3 - smaller or lower level rooms with semi private bath (from $69/night). Our 3 to 8-bedroom houses (from $499/night) are also perfect for private group rentals – family reunions, wedding guests, conventions, vacations, company functions… “Staying Together Makes Sense”. The Condo Suites start at $169/night. All prices are for a 3 night minimum stay, plus tax. A premium will be charged for fewer nights, weekends & high seasons, and discounts are available for longer terms.

Many of our guests also have given us a review after their stay…

On TripAdvisor
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g181747-d1999944-Reviews-Boardwalk_Homes_Executive_Guest_Hou...

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

BAET wrote:
Hi JSanders,
Thank you for your kindness in helping me. It is mainly a template, telling clients info on their different questions. So when I receive an email asking for type of rooms for our different buildings (we are in a boutique hotel business), I will go to one of the "tasks items" and cut and paste the content into a reply email. Below is an example of the content (sorry, a long example. Just want to let you get a sense. Not relevant to other contributors here

OK, I understand. There are several good options for you.

1. Use that text in Evernote. Setup a free account, and you can even edit and sync those templates from your PC.

2. Use Word Completion in your OS settings. This would be the EASIEST, although your example is a bit longer than allowed characters in Word Completion (I tested and got almost three of your full paragraphs, not all of it).

**I am going to ask a moderator to extract these couple of posts out of this thread to your own thread so that we can have this discussion without the being offtopic to this thread.

Word Completion would be the easiest and you would set simply set up Word Completion shortcuts like this:

"KW1" would enter the text of

Just a quick description and reviews of our Guest Houses & 1, 2 & 3-Bedroom Luxurious Condo Suites if you haven’t read it on our website already: “More Than Hotels & B&Bs”. Winner of the 2012 & 2013 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, 2 years in a row since we opened! All of our properties have fully equipped modern elegant kitchens. The kitchens feature granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and modern hardware. Bathrooms with ceramic flooring and sleek fixtures. Hardwood floors and ceramic tiles throughout. Free high-speed wireless internet, digital cable TV, parking, local telephone, and laundry. High quality Egyptian cotton linens and natural down duvets on premium beds. Private patios and decks.

Boardwalk Homes are in the heart of KW, but located in a very quiet residential area with easy access to bus routes, and only minutes from the Universities. All your daily conveniences are a short stroll away. There is The Boardwalk (KW’s largest shopping district http://www.the-boardwalk.ca/tenants/ ) which includes Walmart, Marshalls, Empire Theatres, Lowe’s, Golf Town, Adventure Guide, the Beer Store, lots of restaurants, grocery stores, banks & pharmacies.

KW2 would enter:

Our Guest Houses are professionally designed with modern interiors and furnishings. There is over 3000sqft of living space in each house, with 3+ floors, 4 common/living areas, 5 bathrooms, and a beautiful fireplace. A self-catered breakfast and a welcome fruit basket are provided to our nightly rate hotel style room guests staying 3 nights or more in the guest house, excluding suites or whole house rentals. The 1, 2 and 3 Bedroom Luxurious Condo Suites are completely private, furnished, and with fully equipped modern elegant kitchens. The condos are tucked away on a quiet court, with private patios overlooking mature trees and park.

etc. and so on.

If you need help with this, let me know.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code