Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
sehale
My Device: Torch 9850
Accepted Solution

Verizon 10.1 update disappeared

This is probably a Verizon issue but here goes:  I attached my Z10 this morning to the PC and opened up Link. It showed there was a software update available so I clicked it to start the install. It failed with an error message about not having an internet connection (sorry - I didn't write it down). I have a rock solid cable connection.  I have since rebooted Z10 and PC but cannot get Link to show that the update (assuming it was 10.1) was available. Link still shows my version as 10.0.9.422. I cannot find a way to force Link to look for an update. No other problems - backup ran fine, PC running fine, Z10 connected via USB direct to PC. I then tried the OTA update.  I had received a notification that the 10.1 update was available so I clicked the link.  I immediately got a message saying that I had the most current software version but it clearly is not.  Any way to "force" the update or make the update available again?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Verizon 10.1 update disappeared

There's no way to force or re push the specific Verizon update. Apparently they pulled a out 24 hours after releasing it.

You ask @VerizonSupport on twitter what's up.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
sehale
My Device: Torch 9850

And lo and behold they released it again and I was able to update! Thanks. Problem solved.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code